Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 12:57:04 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kakegurui  (Read 658 times)

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

Re: Kakegurui
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »
5. Daaaayum really got into the episode today. Maybe because the cheating was so open you could kinda analyze the game a bit and it was just a pleasure of overflowing over the top reactions and just the perfect amount of trashy-esque fun. Even the Yuri baiting doesn't bother me that much:D

It still.... makes me wonder if the matches would actually use strategies that wouldn't involve cheating.... how good would that be...

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 06:02:10 AM »

It's been conisistently enjoyable so far but i feel this episode was quite a low point. On the level of not even being able to see most of the gambles the fun meter was dropped to a level zero entertaiment value. Yumemi also was just a weak personality wise. In a show where there will not be much character development between the opponents or anything resembling of a complexly written enemies i wish to have somewhat over the top personalities have fun otherwise. Best example AGAIN is JOJO. Many of the random encounters were still memorable and bursting with over the top fun-ness and out of this world personalities.

Sigh i hope next episode will be better... Still one of the more enjoyable shows i've been following this season so far.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »

AND THE EPISODE WAS BETTER!

ANNNNNNNND SO FAR NO CHEATING. At all.... like is that even possible? Also here's to hope that the resolution also happen's through mind games and not some underhanded trick. On par with the Mary and Yumeko versus the delinquent guy and his slave match.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND..............................those faces. 10/10 It's on the level of Golden Kamui manga reaction faces. (Btw waiting for that anime to pop out like a matafaka)

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:55 AM »

YES!!! YEEEEEES!!!!!

So in the end i got what i wanted with over the top flair. No cheating but just a battle of chicken with different ideologies clashing with lot's of fun intensity. Yea we can argue that it's pretty obvious that she was gonna win in that sense because Yumeko is OP but... it was satifying. And like i said no cheating.

But why biting out your own fingernails? All of them? I must say it was awesome scene in terms of ridiculousness and it was fun but.... WHYYYY? AND IT WOULD HUUUUUURT LIIIIIKE.......

Oh well...

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 05:06:59 AM »

And end it with a bland there might be a second season type of open ending. Nobody is satisfied. I don't know but i guess the last game is not in the manga because it was basically completely pointless. To just keep up the status quo. It was nice to see Suzui have something to do and i admit the gambling addiction of Yumeko being infectious and affecting Suzui in this episode was fun and a satisfying way to show what has changed in him. However superficial it might be. With glowing red eyes and all... but yeah... this episode really didn't need to exist.

The show all in all.... pretty enjoyable. It had highs and low's and it probably irks people off that it really isn't that deep of a gambling show. A possibility to analyze the games is fairly limited due to the nature of the games which involve cheating in ways that are hard for the viewer to take into account when making their own theories or ideas. Some matches on the other hand are fun addrenaline filled B-class fun with no hands barred lots flavour in the animation, fun over the top reactions annnd it run's pretty well that in it's hand.

It's like i thought in the beginning... It's HornyGamblingTeenAddictsInNormal?RichHighSchool.....with Yuri baiting. And cute girls. And what more would you want? (Maybe a lot but... i was fine with it)

Normal 7/10
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up