Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 09:50:18 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fox Spirit Matchmaker, a.k.a Huyao Xiao Hongniang  (Read 154 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Fox Spirit Matchmaker, a.k.a Huyao Xiao Hongniang
« on: July 01, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
1:

Jesus Christ, summer is off to a horrible start.

I realize China and its economic capabilities have sent drooling Hollywood producers into making five Transformers movies, a Warcraft sequel, and that marketing schemes for films that normally shouldn't pander to the Chinese audience are starting to pander to the Chinese audience, but that doesn't mean Japan has to suffer with China's expansion into anime as well.  Yes, I know we've been getting Chinese anime now for a while, and all of them have sucked balls (except To Be Hero, but that had Nabeshin all over it), but I feel like now is the time to punch this elephant in the room square in its elephant balls.

Haoliners has been the main culprit of bringing out these Chnese anime, as they are a Chinese company from Shanghai, but their having a studio in Japan apparently makes them think it is okay to subject us to substandard animation.  Quite frankly, they need to be stopped.  After some research, I find that this particular show started airing in China in 2015, and we're just getting it now in Japan.  Frankly, I don't know why.  Nothing about this makes me think that this was worth any kind of attention from non Chinese audiences.  Shit, I'm not even sure why Chinese people would want to watch this.  The first episode reminds me of western anime themed shows like Totally Spies, Teen Titans, and Avatar, but without, y'know, being anywhere as good as those, and Totally Spies was not all that good.  Horribly animated bullshit regardless of having Kana Asami doing her cute, midget character voice is still horribly animated bullshit.  I'm not even sure I know exactly what the **** was going on in this first episode, and I am 99% sure it wasn't a translation issue going from a Chinese script to a Japanese one.  Some of this, though, was subtitled like I was watching Google Translate trying to make sense of this.  I don't know if I can blame Crunchyroll for this or not, because I'm not sure I would put in any effort for this pile of crap either.  Why they would think we'd want to watch this, though, is a question that demands an answer.  Needless to say, I will be putting in a complaint with the Crunchyroll CEO over coffee and golf tomorrow afternoon.  Because I'm totally rich and in that world of coffee and golfing.

On a more serious note, no, really, this was ****ing bad.  Haoliners has mostly stuck to shorties, so when they pop out a full length episode show like this, their ability to keep up with the rigorous animation demands for twenty-two full minutes shows.  They have another show coming out this season in A Centaur's Life, which I'm already not going to watch because Holy Shit the Monster-Girl thing was not even that good to begin with and do not make a ****ton of carbon copies to milk that new moe market Japan DON'T ****ING DO IT, but with this example of a full length show being awful, now I'm really not looking forward to it.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up