Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 10:59:37 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survival/Horrors  (Read 2454 times)

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Survival/Horrors
« on: October 13, 2005, 08:11:51 PM »
Which do you enjoy?  Which do you hate?
*Rate things with the AMG scale*

REmake: Gorgeous graphics, and what little music there is is worthwhile.  Truly cinematic at times.  Horrid combat and mechanic controls.  Rarely actually scary.  Interesing plot, but feels like a B-movie.  Sets a scale for everything else in its mediocrity.  Score: 6

Resident Evil 4: Gorgeous graphics, wonderful combat, nice musical score, fun character interaction...the gang's all here!  However, it fails to truly connect itself to the rest of the franchise.  Score: 9

Silent Hill: All of them have amazing graphics.  I'm not a fan of the rotate-foreward control scheme but that's only present in the first two.  They all create an atmosphere and milk it for all its worth, scaring the crap out of you.  Simply walking down a hallway is enough to make you scream.  Disturbing, gross-out, and frightening all at once.  Even clunky gameplay(RE's downfall) can't hurt it.  Score: 8.5

Kuon: Its a shame, it could have been nice.  Great plotline, great graphics...but the whole is less than the sum of its parts.  It never seems to quite...work.  Gameplay is clunkier than it has a right to be, puzzles make no sense...and the plotline isn't even conclusive.

Offline AnimeGenesis

• Mind Melting
    • http://www.empireofthephoenix.co.uk

Survival/Horrors
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:37:21 AM »
Quote from: ReadorDie
Which do you enjoy?  Which do you hate?
*Rate things with the AMG scale*

REmake: Gorgeous graphics, and what little music there is is worthwhile.  Truly cinematic at times.  Horrid combat and mechanic controls.  Rarely actually scary.  Interesing plot, but feels like a B-movie.  Sets a scale for everything else in its mediocrity.  Score: 6

Resident Evil 4: Gorgeous graphics, wonderful combat, nice musical score, fun character interaction...the gang's all here!  However, it fails to truly connect itself to the rest of the franchise.  Score: 9

I haven't played the last two, but the first two i have. I felt that the controls of the Resident Evil Remake ruined the game, that coupled with the lack of ammo.

Resident Evil 4, i feel is a 100% improvement over the rest of the game. i don't think it's a bad thing that it doesn't fail to connect itself, as it gets rid of the controls and the zombies. (the two things that were keeping back the Re series)

i haven't really played any other survival/horror games.

Thanks to DarkKanti for the Sig!

Offline Umbra Sicarius

Re: Survival/Horrors
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:11:39 AM »
the Penumbra series and Amnesia are amazing survival horrs
The Cake is a lie.
Sanity is for the Weak.
Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost. ~Attr O'Shovah

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall set me free. ~code of the sith
Pages: [1]   Go Up