Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 13, 2017, 11:07:11 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Gadget

Re: Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 12:50:13 AM »
Dr Rita was hoping a confession from Kaiser? That is so cute. If Favaro was around, Kaiser will never hear the end of this. If I remember, it was Kaiser that save Rita in the first series.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 05:40:11 PM »
It's a filler episode. Nothing much happen. It's one of those slow down before something big and shitty going to happen. But the details. How much did the spend on the dance seance. The CGI background bland in nicely. They must have real traditional folk dancers for the motion capture. They way the drum is being tap. It's all the details. Like the way Nina run back to pick up her goods.
The post ending banter was done by Charioce and Azazel's VA. And they even do their 'character' in the banter.

My opinion at this point. The plot lacks version. It's not as wide and epic as the first Bahamut. This plot do feel it's run of the mill with cut out characters. And all the events are in the capital city. Nobody went outside for adventure. But it's the small details that makes it great. They took Hollywood type cliques instead of anime cliques. And they took Nina's character and mix it with chocolate and LSD, and it got a sweet high. It's like a typical female anime lead, and they went overboard with it. So it still have the 'anime' feel rather then western style cartoon.

There is really no racist blood in Kaiser. Maybe he should send more time with Rita... And that is another thing I feel the production got it right. No time for Romance, so cut it out, except for Nina. But that's a  plot device. The word is FOCUS. So many anime ramp up the romance factor with lighting speed. It it's was a 24 series, then maybe some romance. So romance it out, adventure is in.

But where is FFAAVVAAROOO!!!???

edit
Just look at the way Charioce eat. He started off by using knife and fork. A cultured mannered person. Then he uses his fingers. Someone deep down, he's a rough thug. Without saying anything, it gives an insight to his character.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:48:21 AM by Gadget »

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »
6:

Azazael is confusing me. He thinks he's got a sure-fire way to trigger Nina's transformation, but what's he gonna do? Give her a hug? Use his demon powers?
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 08:30:25 PM »
6:

I have an inkling that Charioce knows what Azazel is up to. He's taking a risk of leaving his castle and meeting up with Nina during the festival, which would be a good time for demons to take. He may actually know that Nina is the red dragon, and she is the key to Azazel's attack. Seeing how he can see through people easily, he knows that to get the red dragon to his side, he has to get through her heart.

Sadly, I just want to see Favaro. Stop teasing me, show.

Offline Marid King

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
7:

Ohhhh, Azazael is a dumbass. RIP

Offline Gadget

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 04:29:46 AM »
Rita's comment when she was cooking Zombie Omelet. She's in love?

Offline Gadget

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
Who cares about 8. I'm just waiting for 9. Guess who's back in 9???!!!

FAAVAROOO!!!. The gang will be back to kick the king's ass.

Back to 8

Azazel still as dumb as ever. Smart move by Kaiser. Won the fight without raising his sword. Nina lost her love. Cannot transform into a dragon. So sad. Favaro needs a shave.

I bet her transformation ability will be a plot device in the next few episodes.

Edit 1
Start to enjoy the ED, Haikei Goodbye Sayounara by DAOKO. Then I notice as Nina and gang was about to walk up the slop, there was Favaro in a Cage, pulled by a wagon. We are being trolled the whole time.

edit 2
The ED is like the old side scrolling game. At the start, Nina has 2 lives. (Upper right hand corner.) When she transformed, the 'game' get reset. And I notice the Nina got 1 life left.
So is her transformation ability related to her 'Life force'? Like she got a limited transformation ability, Or transforming will shorter her life span.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:55:48 PM by Gadget »

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »
8:

FAVARO!!!

Offline Marid King

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:26 AM »
8:

THE GANG IS BACK TOGETHER, BABY! NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW!

Offline Gadget

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
That is SOOOOO evil. Shaving Favaro's afro hair.

The pro log is over. The real Rage of Bahanut has started. But's it's only 4 episode left. Dammed.

The king got some secret agenda. Why did he arrest and 'play' with Favaro?

Next week, the dome mother Rita will be in action. Nice to see her working out her necromancy instead of cooking at a festival stall.

Offline Marid King

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »
10:

I really enjoyed that. It's still not clear who El actually is, be it Michael reborn or something new, but either way I'm glad we saw his backstory.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:12 PM »
I am a bit disappointed. The back story is nice and it's explains El's past, but I want to see Dr Rita saving the man-boys

Offline Marid King

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »
11:

Miyuki Sawashiro has the sexiest voice in anime. It's both blessing and curse that she's voicing a little girl, but I suppose it adds to the "she's really 100 years old" business.

Are Charioce and Nina being teased as a couple? Or is his 'betrayal' just a way to drive Nina's character growth? We spent multiple episodes featuring the pair's interactions, so I hope more comes out of it. Maybe she'll be his redeeming angel?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:15:36 PM by Marid King »

Offline Gadget

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:27 AM »
11:

Miyuki Sawashiro has the sexiest voice in anime. It's both blessing and curse that she's voicing a little girl, but I suppose it adds to the "she's really 100 years old" business.

From season 1, I think she's 200+ years old in Zombie town.

It's a girls night out episode. From the post ED banter, I bet is Favaro and Kaiser next week.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 05:01:09 AM »
11:

She recognizes him only now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up