Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 01:39:55 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:Creators  (Read 5088 times)

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

Re: Re:Creators
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 04:27:35 AM »
4:

The ep was almost all padding and yak yak.  Saving budget for the upcoming battles?

Over on Reddit they are having fun matching the characters to the Fate/stay Servant classes:  UMP=Gilgamesh, Alicia=Saber, Detective=Archer, etc.   

I'm not sure why so many people are simply assuming that Sota's sister is dead.  Was that mentioned in-story somewhere?  We know that she is not Meteora's creator, who had ostensibly died in a motorcycle accident (and was an over-30 male).

The way that UMP had mentioned Setsuna in connection with Sota's full name seems to argue against them being siblings. (The name Setsuna [meaning 'moment in time'] is gender neutral BTW.)  UMP did admit that her master was fond of Sota.  We know that some characters (Celestia) have two creators (writer and artist).  So maybe UMP might have two as well?  Maybe Setsuna is indeed Sota's sister and she really did die, and she and Sota had jointly created UMP and now he's blacking it out?  If so, why suicide?  And why the hate-on for the other creators? 

It would be funny if Rui (from 'Infinite Divine Machine Mono Magia') acts like Ichika from Infinite Stratos and simply assumes that all the girls will automatically become part of his harem.
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re:Creators
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 06:27:19 AM »
4:

Not sure if anyone noticed, but didn't it sound morbid when Matsubara said that "these things" happen when one reaches 30? And what are "these things" supposed to mean? Death? Is this the norm, or that it's normal enough to the point of disappointment instead of shock? This is probably a social commentary on the anime/manga industry... or death from overwork in the country.

My opinions of Meteora has changed: I like her more now. She has addressed an important issue, perhaps the most one in this show: how a Creation responds to a Creator. Although she doesn't get to meet her Creator, after playing her own game, she understands what kind of person he was and is thankful. But here's the conundrum: is she thankful because of her free-willed interpretation of her world after coming to the current one, or simply because the Creator created her that way? If it's the former, then Creators aren't omnipotent: the Creations can really act on their own without their Creators' influence.

This episode also showed how the Creations' personalities are formed according to their worlds, or maybe perhaps how the Creations interpreted their own worlds. Meteora is thankful for her world, and we can presume that it was quite a good one (we can't confirm for sure). Alicetaria, on the other hand, well her world's terrible. Her loyalty to her world is so strong that she would work with Military Girl who is bent on causing chaos in order to gain full control of the current world. In other words, save her world even if it destroys the current one.

This is all intriguing stuff, except for Mahou Shoujo Girl. Her naive magical girl archetype is just dull, unless she breaks out of it one way or another.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »
1:

...why does Meteora summon bazookas that shoot missiles? Can't she just summon missiles?

It got answered. I really hope Shinji from NGE will come back and hunt  Hideaki Anno after raping our brains.

Beside the GATE - like special force assault (like 15 s),  it's another talkie.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
5:

And the talking continues.

Hang on, was the dude from Selesia's story her boyfriend? Or is she actually interested in the androgynous pilot person?
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2017, 01:05:22 PM »

Hang on, was the dude from Selesia's story her boyfriend? Or is she actually interested in the androgynous pilot person?

He got bigger........then the  other guy.

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
5:

While it is nice to see government involvement it doesn't seem as though they will ultimately contribute much. This whole episode was nothing. Just Meteora, yet again, espousing her "theory" and everyone just eating it up. All the character actually turn to Meteora and just wait for her provide them with information and goals. This may as well be a recap episode - 4.5

I did enjoy how new Creator was lamenting how bipolar and shit his character is. It would be cool to see a character you created interact and observe how "real" they truly are.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:35:46 PM by Zeitgeist »

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
5:

Yak yak yak. More closeups on eyewear. The ministry gal's lenses were noticeably flat (fake)?

I love how the mecha pilot was a total shonen spaz.

Post ED: So Sota did black it all out. (Eyeglasses helped trigger his memory.) He narrated her last name, not first. Not his sister then?

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »
....wait a minute. They mentioned that the imagination of the creators will be key this episode. They're going to RE-create the military princess' world and call themselves RE-creators, aren't they?
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 02:14:44 AM »
Joking aside, re-creation is definitely one of the themes:  Why does UMP want to trash everything and start over? (Her OP starts with skulls behind her then quickly switches to roses as she smiles.)  Why is she upset that her creator was 'banished'?  (Banished, not suicide?)

One of the things that I had really enjoyed about Zeutsen no Tempest was how the characters became so fully realized that they took over the show, almost as if they had wrested control away from the writers.  The Final Boss guy strikes me as that kind of character here, that he is gonna go off and do his own thing and the heck with anybody's expectations of him.

Some of the wild mass guessing on TVTropes is pretty interesting.  I like one theory especially...

Spoiler for WMG:
The MS theory, as it ties in to UMP's seeming omnipotence, gives her a strong motive to want to end all the other stories, explains her weird 'banish' comment (she is referring to her mousy alter ego now banished in her own head), and the importance of the eyeglasses (without them she transforms like Clark Kent into Superman).

And it explains Sota's prologue why he's not actually the MC.  Mary Sue is *always* the MC, dang it!

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2017, 04:57:46 AM »
Hmm, Ho**ibleSubs hasn't subbed the latest episode...  :-\

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2017, 02:28:24 PM »
With NyaaTorrents and BakaBT both going down, they're probably trying to find a different method to get things up and available.  I think a lot of subbers are.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
So that explains why Sota allegedly has a sister (that we have never seen), and why UMP's real name is supposed to be Sword (or Saber), and why nobody can agree on how to spell Celestia's name consistently...

Then again Amazon's half hearted closed captions aren't that stellar either.

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2017, 03:49:29 PM »
HorribleSubs released it according to their website, and I've picked up their releases post-Nyaa crash, so...
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
Nyaa didn't crash.  Nyaa is dead.  The owner closed it down rather than face punishment by European copywright laws.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline SQA

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2017, 05:48:54 AM »
There's always IRC.  Though I imagine lists of the magnet links will be available pretty quickly through other means.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All   Go Up