Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 03:02:11 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:Creators  (Read 4678 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re:Creators
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2017, 05:21:18 AM »
18:

Wait... so Chikujouin is now the good guy? Really, just like that? And we're supposed to just let everything she's done slip by because she has redeemed herself by relinquishing herself from this chaos? How am I supposed to accept this?

And what purpose does Mamika have, really?

Offline Gadget

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2017, 09:42:01 AM »
Wait... so Chikujouin is now the good guy? Really, just like that? And we're supposed to just let everything she's done slip by because she has redeemed herself by relinquishing herself from this chaos? How am I supposed to accept this?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Since she's not on Altair side, might as well regard her as a friend, at lest an allies.

And what purpose does Mamika have, really?

The magical girl? Or to show how stupid Alicetaria is. Or how Alicetaria after her grief, realize that Altair is the real ememy. Or when everybody is some form of muscle head, she's the cute one. It's a pity she got 'written off'. I think she got the most growth potential of all the creators.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »
The magical girl? Or to show how stupid Alicetaria is. Or how Alicetaria after her grief, realize that Altair is the real ememy. Or when everybody is some form of muscle head, she's the cute one. It's a pity she got 'written off'. I think she got the most growth potential of all the creators.

Sorry, I meant Hikayu. Wrong character.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2017, 10:36:03 PM »
Sorry, I meant Hikayu. Wrong character.
Creators are characters from manga,LN, anime and even games. Meteora was from a  RPG game (i think). And Hikayu is from Dating sims games. (Why no Angry Birds) And as I said before, she's the joker in the group. As long as her creator can write a story the masses can accept, she can be anything. And he was right as a scanty clad fighter. A cross over from dating sims to Street Fighter like fighting games. Like Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury. If you search, Fatal Fury, Street Fighters and King of Fighters all got some back story.

Honestly speaking, I think the writers just ham fist the story and hope we would accept it.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »
Creators are characters from manga,LN, anime and even games. Meteora was from a  RPG game (i think). And Hikayu is from Dating sims games. (Why no Angry Birds) And as I said before, she's the joker in the group. As long as her creator can write a story the masses can accept, she can be anything. And he was right as a scanty clad fighter. A cross over from dating sims to Street Fighter like fighting games. Like Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury. If you search, Fatal Fury, Street Fighters and King of Fighters all got some back story.

Honestly speaking, I think the writers just ham fist the story and hope we would accept it.

That's fine and all, but my questions is bigger than that: why does this show even need a character like her in the first place? Does Re:Creators even need her?

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »

There's a bigger issue to deal with, and their not in a position to turn down help exactly, even from a head case like her.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »

That's fine and all, but my questions is bigger than that: why does this show even need a character like her in the first place? Does Re:Creators even need her?
Breaking the 4th wall theory.
1. They need cute and easily embarrassed girl. All the other girls are fighters
2. They need some fan service. (Panty flash from Meteora? Not happening. And Mamika died)
3. They need some comedy light moments. Hikayo's creator seems to be a grade A A-hole.
4. They need rating and they used 'tried and tested' cute girl with fan service and comedy.
5. They realize that it has become a talky.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Re:Creators
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »
......FFS Altair, can't you just be surprised by one thing at the very least? So you knew about Blitz's daughter coming back to life, you knew about Alicetaria turning on you....why did you even bother to show up? Still don't like Magane, she's mellowed out all of a sudden.

I did laugh when Yuya spoiled the big reveal for the next chapter, and I still think the scene between Blitz and Suruga is probably more in the direction of how the show should have gone. But Altair, she's like Biba was in Kabaneri. She just drags the whole thing down.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2017, 03:49:59 AM »
19:

Poor Alicetaria. Not only is she defeated, but her fate is decided by her role of the 'tragic knight'. I think she can relate to F/SN's Lancer on a very deep thought.

It's just odd to see how Altair's speech is all about breaking the fourth wall. That's our role; why is she stating the stuff that we're thinking? To show how omnipotent she is? If that's true, wouldn't she be able to foretell that she will eventually lose because she's the 'villain' of the show? What, she can't because that would be breaking the fifth wall, perhaps?

Hikayu's name-that-move scene was just cringeworthy.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »
Try not to bitch about Atlair try not to bitch about Altair try not to bitch about Altair GOD DAMMIT ALTA........*deep breath*

I think I would have like the back and forth between Selesia and Charon if he had been around longer than half an episode.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2017, 05:31:46 AM »
20:

There's no way the show would end with a carbon copy of Altair. Too much of a cop-out, even for us.

Now this real ending, that's a lot more apt. But think about it: if she's a character come to life, that means she's been fictionalized. How tragic is that.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2017, 05:48:58 AM »
21:

That was very well-written, albeit melodramatic as expected.

It has never sit with me well how omnipotent Altair is (I still don't understand why she's omnipotent to begin with, but I guess the show doesn't bother about the details), but since she is, what's stopping her from being a Creation what can create worlds for another Creation à la Franklin Richards?

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2017, 06:52:57 AM »
21:

>multiple characters die or are now on the verge of death
>they fought for nothing because enemy gets easily talk no jutsu'd with a fake version of her GF
>something they could've tried from the very start of the battle
>"WOWEE LOOK! he audience have a 1000% acceptance rate even though they have no reason to care about Setsuna! They also pre-ordered the Re:Creators Blu-Ray and rated us five stars on your local anime rating website™"
It sucked. Time to end this trainwreck.

But honestly, no audience would accept even half of what happened in these episodes. They would be divided between those calling bullshit o have hax new powers and half the audience would be complaining about how their wasn't enough explosions towards the end. These people were eating it all up as if they were privy to the same background info as the audience.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:06:06 AM by gedata »

Offline Gadget

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2017, 01:16:22 AM »
At least they do a proper ending. Killing Alicetaria and Selesia was classic 'kill them all' Tomonie. And Setsuna is actually Magane? She live out her lie as Sestuna?

This is a great idea, that turn into a talky mass. Plot was wack in with a hammer. They talk too much. What was lacking was I don't feel for the characters. They feel too much 'cut and paste'. I feel more for the bunch of loosers in Gamers. With 22 episode, they could have expand on some characters, but it end up explaining how the 4th wall was broken. Even clique like romance between Selesia, Meteora and Souta could added a bit of humour. And the most sensible character, Mamika was killed off and replace by a date sim Hikayu.

And the final Operation......., I will not even get into that.

It's not all bad. Kanoya was pretty interesting. But not enought screen time. But not enought to save the Re:creators.

I give a 6. It got me interested. But they left me down. Good idea, Poor execution.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2017, 04:51:48 AM »
Final:

It ended the way it should. Honestly, it didn't occur to me that Magane became Setsuna in order to work her spell (then again, her spell is unnecessarily complicated, urgh). And I felt kinda sad for Meteora, although it seems appropriate: her Creator is dead and she's been the one who has come in peace with this world more than anyone else.

I've always loved the concept of this show: "what if comic writers were to meet their creations in real life?". It would open up a lot of discussion topics: how the world works, the characters' philosophies, Creations' relationships with their Creators and their own character development, etc. This part was done very well, and that's mostly the first half of the show.

Second half, bleh, it went south. It just lost its ingenuity, a lot of fluff is introduced and the story just went through the motions. Main gripes include Altair's omnipotence, Hikayu, and everything else the show could've done without just fine.

It's a 6/10 for me. Creator Hiroe and director Aoki had something going for a while, but too bad it didn't last.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All   Go Up