Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 05:56:32 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RPGs  (Read 6642 times)

Offline Sorrow-kun

• War Criminal
  • Administrator
    • Sorrow-kun's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with sorrow-k using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Sorrow_kun
    • @Sorrow_kun
    • The Nihon Review

RPGs
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 04:38:14 AM »
Chrono Trigger.  Lack of random encounters, and combo system introduces a great element of gameplay and a massive variety of different spells and abilities.

FFT/TA is good as well.

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

RPGs
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 01:01:19 PM »
Chrono Triggere was easily my favorite battle system (for reasons that were already given in this thread).  But, so I won't sound redundant, I'll mention some others I enjoyed.  La Pucelle Tactis was a fun and simple tactics RPG with an eassy to use battle system that delivered hours of fun.  Disgaea (its sequel) was good as well, but of the two I enjoyed fighting in La Pucelle better.  I found the materia system in FFVII to be one of the most fun ways of leveling your magic up in a while.  It may not be considered the battle system, but I feel its closely enough related to garner a mention.  I would also like to say, for as much crap as FFX-2 gets, I found it to have an excellent battle system and I had alot more fun playing it then I did FFX.  X's battle system was much too slow for my tastes, while X-2 kicked things into overdrive with a much more fluid time based battle system.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up