Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 12:09:50 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tsuki ga Kirei  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Tsuki ga Kirei
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »
7:

Holy Shit.
Was this episode perfect?
I genuinely have not a single qualm.
The only downside is the ever increasing time devoted to the post-episode bits.

I mean, I have various comments.
When MC asserted himself as Akane's boyfriend I feel Track-kun's response should have been something like "who the hell is this fuccboi?"
Chinatsu? She knew it was inevitable but crushes at this age are just that, crushes.
The overwhelming purity of affirmation definitely silences the lesser scenes.

The ambiguous ending, which seems to perpetuate a conflict between Akane and Chinatsu, is the only meaningful point of contention.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »
7:

Oh nooo, I feel so happy and sad at the same time.

Happy to see Kotarou grew a pair and affirm his relationship with Akane. So sad to see a cheery Chinatsu tearing up after being jilted (and without confessing too). The sticky situation usually comes after: with the social circle be affected? To some extent it does almost always, but it's great to see Akane and Chinatsu still okay with each other. But I still think they'd be better off with some distance between each other.

And what's up with the casual "just the heatstroke"? Heatstroke's something you go to the ER for; he's probably just heat syncope or something. Hope it's just loss of translation.

And yes, I feel bad giggling at the snippets at the end of the episode.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 08:01:06 PM »
Akane do make cute 'errrh?'  sounds.

Lowkey this is 70% of why I watch this show.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
9:

Introvert's nightmare: too much attention.

Summer festival... well, of course. I just had to happen. But I like how this episode explores the normalcy of a budding relationship: pet names, girl talk in the sacred girls' bathroom, small talk, appreciating what each other does, etc. It's nothing particularly extraordinary, but I guess that's what's great: it's always the small things that are important.

But teacher no, don't go there!

Offline Gadget

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
This is not the typical bombastic high school love. A bit too much realism. Maybe that's why they have photo like back ground, but very 2D animation. One thing I though was unusual was it was a shy geeky guy that loves a female sports jock.

But stories are based on events. So I guess something will happen.

The traditional festive dance that  Kotarou was impressive.

Post ED clips.
1. Parents, children hates it when parents sneak and read your children stuff

But teacher no, don't go there!
2. She's a lonely cougar.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »
9[8]...9studios:

Good stuff.

I want, no I need, this hot kid to bang the hot teacher. And for it to remain as casual and very much in the background as their interactions were this episode.

Not as open(canon) as I would like but I guess I should be keeping up with these post episode bits.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 05:06:22 AM »
9:

Nuuuuu, golden couple's gonna break up ;_;

Moving because of Dad's job change must be hard.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »
Don't forget that Chinatsu is encouraging  Hira to take Akane away from  Kotarou.

Kotarou going to be a LN author?

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »
10:

Senpai got friendzoned. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!

I'm a bit ambivalent about Kotaro's decision. I've seen many cases where kids think they know what they do but in retrospect admit they actually didn't. I know a lot is going through his head and all, but that's no excuse to the fact that he was being a little immature there. But seriously, as callous as it sounds, going to a school only because of girlfriend's there doesn't seem very rational. Clearly, it doesn't even occur to him to consider going there in the first place if it wasn't for Akari's moving.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2017, 11:50:29 AM »
That is assuming that Kotaro parent's does not know about his REAL reason. It's a privet school. So it's a more 'prestigious' than a government school. The fees should be higher. And Kotaro's grades are average. His parent does not want him to be a writer as it has affected his studies. Parents will make sacrifice for the children education. If he could prove he'll get good grades, he do stand a chance to go to that school. So good grades, more prestigious, and be with Akane.

I do like the realistic feeling of Kotaro's jealously. It's not like the typical anime where the MC will laugh it off. He realize his mistake. But he has a responsibility to the festival. Typical anime MC will just drop everything to get the girl. It left him feeling guilt. And too proud to apologies.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
11:

Nice episode, albeit expected.

Can't complain though; it's the thing that happens to every other kid. Kid wants to make his own decision, and Mom wants what's best for him. Then they reach an understanding. Happily ever after.

That's great. Now move along.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2017, 08:05:26 AM »
Final:

Now that's a great ending, right there.

Long distance relationships are hard, based on pure observation (not personal experience, however). Although in this case it isn't really that long per se, but I'd imagine it be tough for middle school kids. But seeing Akane tearing up like that... that's heartbreaking.

But HEY, they even got married in the end. What a time leap that was. They had a happy ending. I felt really happy.

It's a 7/10 for me. Really solid start, and it maintained throughout. Well done.

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
12:

"Reality" came out swinging but got caught in the jaw in the final seconds or round 12.

Distance is one hell of an obstacle for any well meaning romance since it opens the gate for countless more obstacles too. Chinatsu is like Akane's sister in thinking that Kotarou’s relationship is doomed, but she had selfish desires as well. I wouldn’t call her actions here noble, but I do think they’re understandable. Why not? Fate seems to have dealt her a favorable hand so why not take a shot while there's still a chance? You know, get the idea in his head in case him and Akane drift apart?

Akane's frustration over the difficulties Kotarou's been going through was well within reason. After all, he's had to put more into making the relationship work, as both the one who first dropped the confession, all the stuff they both went through, having to study his ass off, and being the one who had to make the long bus rides. Kotarou not telling her about the confession wasn't the problem, it's the fact that he was given yet another difficult decision to deal with because of her influence on his life. She felt her love for Kotarou was being vastly shown up by his for her.

The series could have stopped with “To think that someone I loved could love me back… I thought it must have been a miracle" and I could have lived with my imagination filling in the tail end blank, but Kishi through us all a bone with an ending we all wanted to believe was attainable, revealing this story as the authentic fairy tale it was always meant to be.

This was low-key dope stuff. A respectable 8/10 effort.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »
8:

Episode was framed beautifully with the question "Why do you like Curly?". Early in the episode Akane was asked the question but couldn't provide a definitive answer. Then, following the events of the episode, Akane was once again asked the same question which they then answered wonderfully. Now this isn't to say one must be able to articulate one's feeling for such feelings to be valid but simply that it was nice to see her have a more concrete understanding as to why she has those feelings.

9:

Moving. The classic drama point of any narrative focusing on kids.These damn kids with their new age
I've always loved how mature kids are in anime regarding graduation and the inevitable progression of life.
Nice to see they have reached  place in their relationship where they can be more open, even if was limited to LINE.

10:

Ya know, as unneeded as Hira and Chinatsu are, they do serve a genuine purpose. I respect them as characters. They frustrate me as a omniscient-ish viewer but, much like how I mentioned kids in anime accepting graduation I too like the concept of carrying a crush to its conclusion. Stating your feelings outright despite knowing the futility. Sure it could be seen as a selfish act - you are doing it to unburden yourself while potentially imposing a burden on another - but damn it is nice to see. The best example I can think of was in Toradora where Kitamura thanked the President for being his object of affection for all those years. Ugh, it my favorite scene in all of the show.
Not sure a 2 hour commute both to and from school is feasible. They are gonna have to be separated by the end, right? That is the logical conclusion of this show given the age of the characters. For them to have had a short, but meaningful, relationship before life inevitably separated them. I'll probably be upset if they cop out and give a saccharine ending

11:

That conversation about choice of high school with his parents was very reminiscent of my experience with colleges right down to the demeanor of each parent. Though my point of contention wasn't a girl but rather a general inability to take life seriously.
This entire episode was literally just my 3 member family during my college application process. Everything was just right from the accepting dad to the reluctant but ultimately understanding mother it was all so familiar.
I've always been interested in the high school acceptance system in Japan(as seen in anime). Are grades just not a factor so long as you pass an entrance exam? US college admission would've been better if I could have just coasted on my SAT score without having to show a consistent work ethic throughout high school.
Though I am curious about the mother's endgame. Does she just not want to stifle her son when he has finally shown passion but all the while expecting, even hoping for, him to fail or is she actually on board this daily four hour commute primarily spurred by a girl. I suppose, finances allowing, they could find a small apartment for Curly to live in during high school. Oh shit, then we could get Akane and Curly: The High School Year. Dating in high school without the worry of parents...it would be just like all the other anime.

12:

OH SHIT.
I did not see this Cinatsu development coming, though I probably should have. She had yet to resolve her feelings and had made mention of public school. This could be good. Relationships reflect chapters in one's life. This could be goood.
Was Chinatsu LINE avatar Usain Bolt? Cute detail.
How did Chinatsu find Curly's story?
"What happens next?" What a boss line.
Oh boy they're doing the "catch her at the gate" rom-com cliche and it is adorable.

The whole damn series felt like one extended Ghibli movie with its subdued tone, purposeful pacing, and lovely art(cg models notwithstanding). Somewhat romanticized but still a great little coming of age tale about two adolescents who share a brief but meaningful connection...is what I would have said if they didn't, rather needlessly, insert a concluding montage which followed the characters through high school, through marriage, to finally having a child.
8/10

I still want one of them Squeezie things
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:22:23 PM by Zeitgeist »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up