Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

November 18, 2017, 06:15:59 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sakurada Reset  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Sakurada Reset
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
3:

How unabashedly boring.
Why does Tenshi-lite even exist? Aside from waifu bait the time-travel nonsense could have just as easily been a result of MC's power.
What happened to Suicide-chan? She was the sole source of intrigue within the first two episodes and she gets no mention during episode three?
This is all just long-winded and not immediately uninteresting.
I have no investment in any of this.
To throw more pointless comparisons - Robotics;Notes

They butchered Tenshi-lite with that repugnant hairstyle.

Offline Rei

• Nothing
    • Google+
    • Rei366's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @Rei366

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 02:41:09 AM »
Maybe the live movie synopsis might help you get a grasp on what is happening in the series? (no idea, I couldn't bear more than the first episode)
Kei and Misora are both haunted by the death of their friend, Sumire Souma, and have been spending the last two years trying to find a way to resurrect her. However, no one in Sakurada has ever manifested the power to bring back the dead.

Things take a turn when a case comes to them from an old man who claims that his ability to use his power has been erased…
Source: Anime-NOW

About the title, the 1/2 might come from the 3/3 from the previous story being shown later (risks of revelation ? after all, it is supposed to have to do with a conspiracy)

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
6:

More like Sakurada vaguely Reset my interest in this show.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
7:

Well my previously rekindled interest was quickly doused.

Man the opening scene with Suicide-chan was great. She is the sole character with any personality or charisma. This episode was yet another snooze-fest. This Eri Oka is an incredibly shallow character. So she saw herself as weak and rather than mustering the strength of character to change she torched her old identity in a vain attempt to redefine herself and she'll be made aware of her folly and that she still is very much that weak girl blah blah blah. Wasn't this pretty much the same arc that Hand Destruction-chan had? She is also remarkably similar to Marble Girl of like 2 episodes ago. Anywho, not interesting. All the interactions Kei has with the Teacher always seem so ****ing pointless. By virtue of his role and muggle status the teacher is useless. He exists simply to be brought up to speed and act as search engine to be used by Kei.

So Eri Oka's power sealed Haruki's power by removing a memory. I got that. But how did she target the apparently singular memory from which Haruki's ability spawned? It don't make no sense.

As boring as this episode, and this current conflict, is, there was a moment where it had a spark. When the Old Man with the picture power from last episode was inside the picture communicating with the Old Woman from last episode. It was so ****ing cool. His power allows him to transport, and interact within, a past moment of time. Her power is to view the future of another. So him, from the present, went back in time to interact with a past version of her, who, using her future sight could engage with the man as though it was the present. They were using these two powers in conjunction to communicate. I say communicate but really the past version of the women is very much that, a consciousness which exists strictly in the past, her real-time self isn't (presumably) aware of these conversations. Similarly, the man is unaware of the women's status in the present.Though, time shenanigans so who knows. Maybe the old women gets updates and her memories are rewritten. Anyway, it was cool as **** and has some serious implications as to future Bureau reveals/plots.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:50:29 PM by Zeitgeist »

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
I had almost fired off a screed about how messed up the Aesop was with Marble Girl, but then it veered into a general rant against modern K-12 education creating girls hiding in marbles special perfect little snowflakes. 
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline SQA

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
I had almost fired off a screed about how messed up the Aesop was with Marble Girl, but then it veered into a general rant against modern K-12 education creating girls hiding in marbles special perfect little snowflakes.

Did it include that moment where you had to stop yourself from including, "and get off my lawn!"? :)

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 09:07:14 PM »
8:

I mentioned back after episode 2 how I would dislike the show if it was nothing more than fellating the MC for being "so cool" and " always right", guess what this episode was? Sure,with regards to Hand Destruction and Color Contacts, him being right is more them being misguided and wrong but the manner in which it is depicted is crucial. Kei does not have the charisma to be this undefyingly correct.
I also still don't see the need for Haruki as an entity. The reset power could just be Kei's. Ain't nobody give a **** about Haruki. She could literally just be a cell phone, or a "MacGuffin", at this point.

I honestly don;t understand how the Witch escaped. She tore the picture...then what?

I ****ing hate this show but the fact that it is of the rare 2-cour breed, I feel the need to persist(i'll get around to continuing Sakura Quest eventually). Plus I'm very much anticipating the return of Suicide. How bout actually delving into this Bureau and how it operates? Since there exists no characters supplement with world mechanics.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:13:17 PM by Zeitgeist »

Offline Gadget

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »
Is Haruki an escape robot? 

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
Well the final episode aired today. To catch up or not to catch up? I'll probably at least attempt a watch.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up