Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 06:46:11 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunderbolt Fantasy  (Read 366 times)

Offline Gadget

Thunderbolt Fantasy
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:09:46 PM »
It's not anime. It's puppet. Not sure is this the right place. But considering the VAs are mostly veterans and the characters are design by Nitrio+.

It's Thunderbirds/Stingray/Fireball XL5/Captain Scarlet and all the Gerry Anderson-ish puppets meet up with Storm Riders/Condor Heros/Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber and all the martial arts man hua (chinese comics). It's like a Shaw Brothers kung fu production. (Shaw Brothers Studios (HK) was famous for making Kung Fu movies in the 70s)

It has some DI touch ups, but it's mainly bobbing heads and ball joints puppets. The over the top outfit was a typical 'Vagabond Hero" and the evil clans. I could picture Ti Lung (Famous martial art actor from the 70 and 80) carrying out this role. Fight is fancy. But it's like a lot of the fight that is choreograph by Hong Kong production. (With the exception of Bruce Lee and Jacky Chan, most actors and actress don't really know martial arts. So they use ropes, pulleys and special effects .All pre Digital stuff.)

So far, the 1 episode is bread and butter stuff in martial arts stories. Revenge and to obtain the Ultimate weapon. Beautiful maiden help by a a hero. I know it's cheesy, but it bring me back memories how my uncle bring me to the theater to watch such movies.

But its a Japanese production. The fancy swords and sabers looks like it got rip out from Storm Raiders. But the main hero uses a katana without the guard. So I guess he is from Japan.

But the goblin gliders? That I didn't see it coming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up