Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 08:26:35 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 91 Days  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Gadget

Re: 91 Days
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
1-5
It's more like 'The Godfather' drama. It IS slow. It's not like the high energy school of life/adventure/magic girls/giant robots stuff that is saturating the anime.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 10:03:39 PM »
6:

I just realized that I know how Don Orco is going to die.  Somehow, his death is going to involve lasagna.

Offline themaster20000

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 08:30:12 AM »
I just realized that I know how Don Orco is going to die.  Somehow, his death is going to involve lasagna.

Right on the money with this one  ;D

6:

That last scene was something out of a B-movie. As it entertaining and stupid as it is,the show should probably stop apeing the Godfather so much if it's gonna to get wacky with the tone. The person who draws Angelo must've been off this week,cause he looked like was drawn by a grade- schooler for most of the episode (episode looked like shit throughout). It's getting progressively worse on that front.
"No matter how wonderful everything in your movie may be, if your script sucks ass, your movie will suck ass."

"No matter how good a film is, it will always be bad. It will always be hated because it didn't live up to the incredibly high expectations." -

Offline Gadget

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2016, 08:44:09 AM »
Human muscle does look like beef. I know cause I cut them up. Don't worry. I don't cook lasagna.

It's hard not to do a set up like The Godfather or The Untouchables on the organised family crime during the probation. The Godfather is so iconic. And if they do a Latino organised crime, I'm sure it will turn out like  Al Pacino's Scarface.

Unfortunately, the plot become predictable.  The characters seems to be cut and past from other mobsters shows. Sad to say, nothing is original.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 12:14:03 AM »
1-5:

WHO IS THE FOURTH MAN?

This shit is brilliant. I love it.

Offline MCAL

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
7:
That was a masterclass in manipulation Avillio pulled of there. Bravo.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
So, I'm fairly sure that...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Cruteo is the fourth man.  He left before the event happened, and while passing the father, signalled, seemingly to the father himself, but at that same junction was where the other car came from with the murderers.  Plus, later on when Avillio showed up, he looked like he was fretting about something.  We're led to believe it was his sick mother, but he could also have been feeling guilty.

Just a theory.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 09:06:34 PM »
6: I am not so sure but the show's starting to lose me. Is it the overabundance of other characters I don't care about? Dunno.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline Kubi

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
7: Ronaldoooooooo

Was Fio on her way to his funeral? I can't tell if she's showing signs of trauma or fortitude. Also can't believe nero agreed to a plan that would make his sister a murderer. This pregnancy thing is a bit too soap opera-ish for my taste, but I hope we get to see how Fio deals with everything.

Avilio kills me. Fueling a gang war, then using the deaths he caused to antagonize frate. He's mind ****ing everyone, for instance that note in the flowers, it was probably something like "kill Ronaldo to save your family." Though I wonder what avilio's thoughts on the 4th man are. He won't complete his revenge til all 4 die, but he wouldn't have even started his revenge without the letter. Will he step back in the end and regret the innocents he's pulled into this mess? Most of them are gang members, but people are still people.

Offline themaster20000

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »
7:

A return to form after last week's nonsense.The way they were painting Ronaldo earlier in the show,really made me think they were going to go with him being a wife-beater like Carlo of The Godfather. Would've been nice if they developed his character a bit more (same with Frate),which would made their death's have more emotional impact. That's kinda of an issue with the show since no characters beside Angelo and Nero have any sort of development or they focus on a depth-less character like Fango instead.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Cruteo is the fourth man.  He left before the event happened, and while passing the father, signalled, seemingly to the father himself, but at that same junction was where the other car came from with the murderers.  Plus, later on when Avillio showed up, he looked like he was fretting about something.  We're led to believe it was his sick mother, but he could also have been feeling guilty.

Just a theory.

That would be terrible if they go with that since they haven't done anything with the character or his relationship with Avillio at all. Right now am thinking it's the Uncle
"No matter how wonderful everything in your movie may be, if your script sucks ass, your movie will suck ass."

"No matter how good a film is, it will always be bad. It will always be hated because it didn't live up to the incredibly high expectations." -

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 11:45:05 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Just a theory.

I had the same suspicion, if only beacuse there arent too many characters that could be the fourth man. I like the theory because
Spoiler for Hiden:
it explains Corteo's reluctance to work with the Mafia in the early episodes, and also why he seems to get used to it rather quickly in working at Nero's brewery. That is, he had a bad experience in the Testa hit, but he also had experience working with Nero and the Mafia in general. His sick mother also provides motive. Also, at no point in time does the camera in the 1st episode show four men together; only ever three, so its unlikely the fourth man was on the scene.

The screenplay in the relevant scenes in the first ep is slightly vague, though, and I think it leaves open the possibility that the fourth man was at the scene when Avillio's family was killed. Its because, when Avillio made a break for the woods, there was a man outside, crouching near the car (Wearing, like Vanno, a fedora), a man (Nero) who tried to shoot Avillio, and a man standing at the doorway watching (probably old man Vanetti). Considering they were at Testa's house to search for something that (allegedly) wasnt there, its perhaps unlikely that one of the three men would be told to stand outside instead of help out with the search.
Its not watertight reasoning; the same argument could be used on the fourth man were he on the scene, and were he not there its not inconceivable that Vanno be told to watch the car. More than anything, I thought the man outside was the fourth man because the screenplay seemed to be trying to keep him hidden.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:53:22 PM by Pebble »

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 12:40:09 AM »
I think that's cheating, though.  If it were true, it would require a rather masterful bit of directing, and while the director for 91 Days has experience, none of the works he's done have any kind of impressive screenplay antics til now.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2016, 09:52:44 PM »
8:

DAYYYYYYYYYYYUM.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »
Pride vs cautious. Fango 0, Nero 1. Now was all this planned by Avillio? Avillio has double cross so many people that I wonder was this event planned. He notice Corteo's state of mind. So Avillio leak the info to Fango and make look like Corteo who leak it. In fact, Corteo never admitted he was the leak.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
8:

Episode went way too fast.  They spent the first half dealing with the new, effective, incorruptible Fed (pussing out hard on the "kill the family" thing), and the second half dealing with Corteo's betrayal.  Both of these things should have been their own episodes.

Oh well.  Must be crunched for time after doing a ****ING RECAP EPISODE LAST WEEK!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up