Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 18, 2017, 06:00:55 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu  (Read 24744 times)

Offline MCAL

Re: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 12:33:16 PM »
3:
That was some impressive fight animation. Nice to see White Fox deliver on that front.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
3:

Fight animation was okay this episode, except for the first-person cut from Elsa's persepctive, which was pretty outstanding. But if I had to complain, I'd say that the fights lack any semblance of 'rules', and that there ought to be a bit less talking.

On a different note, OOOO FORESHADOWING.

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 08:03:34 PM »
3:

Overall the episode was enjoyable, but this show has got to clean up its 4th wall humor. It's cringe worthy bad.

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »
3:

Hopefully the next decently animated fight won't be accompanied with lighting so dim it becomes hard to see what's going on.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:24 PM »
3:

Good fight scenes, nice character development, a slowly unfolding plot line that isn't instantly predictable, no dumb harem antics, and an MC blessed with suck. All while any heroic pretentions the shonen MC might have had get rapidly disabused.  What's not to like?
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »
3:

Reckoner is right.  Clean up the obnoxious humor borne from a character still thinking that he's some kind of superhero main character and it's good.  For someone who is so genre savvy, he sure doesn't realize when he's ****ing up his own flags.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Stark700

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 11:45:26 AM »
4:

That was interesting. We got introduction of at least 4 characters including the twins. I'm glad to see Subaru building connections with them in particular with Emilia.
Yeah, this felt like a calm before the storm especially with that cliffhanger. Should be interesting to see where this goes. So far, this has been a pretty faithful adaptation.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »
It was one of those 'slow down after a big fight' episode. Subaru obnoxious and running commentary is getting irritating. Surprise ending. So will he be able to date Emilia?

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
4:

Hopefully some of the slow build up will turn out to be important.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »
4:

At the end of the ep it looked like Subaru did a reset back to awakening in the bed in front of the twins for the first time. (They had addressed him as 'guest' again.)  If that was indeed a reset why did it happen? There didn't seem to be any precipitating fatality.

Offline gotarist

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »
4:

I seem to be enjoying this series quite a bit more than I feel I should.  If it continues on like this I think it will be junk food of the highest order.

Is it just me or are the faces of these characters more expressive than in the average anime? Something about the character designs in this series draws me in.

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »
4:

At the end of the ep it looked like Subaru did a reset back to awakening in the bed in front of the twins for the first time. (They had addressed him as 'guest' again.)  If that was indeed a reset why did it happen? There didn't seem to be any precipitating fatality.
Probably killed in his sleep

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2016, 08:58:52 PM »
Quote from: gedata
Probably killed in his sleep

If that's true (and it certainly fits) then that means that Subaru's death revival power doesn't always send him all the way back to the apple cart.  But why?

Is it because he finally recovered Emilia's jewel at the loot house?  But that would mean his power acts more like a waypoint than a reset...

Of course. He's been transported to a world that has video game checkpoints!  So his goal is to make sufficient progress to reach the next checkpoint.

The story is now a who-killed-me mystery. He doesn't remember dying.  Poisoned? How? Any clues? There are lots of references to cooking in this ep. Rem was seen sitting on the Margrave's lap. They are close (how? lovers? motive?). And Rem is established as a good cook. Hmm...

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »
If that's true (and it certainly fits) then that means that Subaru's death revival power doesn't always send him all the way back to the apple cart.  But why?

Is it because he finally recovered Emilia's jewel at the loot house?  But that would mean his power acts more like a waypoint than a reset...

Of course. He's been transported to a world that has video game checkpoints!  So his goal is to make sufficient progress to reach the next checkpoint.

Checkpoints could be triggered by sleep. I would also conjecture that it could be trigerred by the end of day/night cycle.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:32 PM »
Checkpoints could be triggered by sleep. I would also conjecture that it could be trigerred by the end of day/night cycle.

This might not be true, but I hope it is because that's genius.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All   Go Up