Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 20, 2017, 04:22:20 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu  (Read 24861 times)

Offline Stark700

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
1:

As far as world fiction goes, the show has a very fantasy atmosphere to it, no surprise there. Yeah, I felt kinda sorry for Sabaru to stuck in the new world. Satella's VA did a neat job at portraying her character. I think some parts felt a bit talky between her and Sabaru but I'm okay with it. The show establishes relationship dynamics before plot but it does build up. Pacing is okay, I thought worked fine for the first episode actually until it got to the darker stuff. And yeah, that's death and violence.

I heard this series is going to be a 2-cour so plenty of room to do storytelling. Satella and Sabaru has an interesting chemistry so far as well despite being strangers. There's not much censorship either so it gives a better idea of the violent content.

There's not much real world content but most of it takes place in the fantasy world. They could do a lot with the world building and stuff. OST is fairly nice imo, they really put quite the effort there so far just by what's shown so far. Looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:44:09 PM by Stark700 »

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

Re: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »
So... it's Konosuba x Grimgar x ERASED ?
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »

It was better than i expected. The way it handles violence and light hearted humor at the same time reminds me of FullMetal Alchemist. In a way:D

Note to self: Never trust a good looking chick who enjoys milk mustaches. They will stab you. Lessons for life #1

So... it's Konosuba x Grimgar x ERASED ?

None of the shows that ye mentioned were bad so maybe it's a match made in heaven? The anime that saves the anime this year?:D

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:33:04 AM »
1:

It was a decent opener, but I thought it was a little too self aware for its own good. It also bothers me that our protagonist is another shut in NEET. Typical LN? We'll see, but maybe it will be a not too terrible way to pass some time.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »
I like how Satella (Emilia?) could care less about Subaru. She doesn't instantly fall for him. She is not a tsundere.  In fact the male cat familiar (Puck) likes him better than she does.  On the other hand she is so blase she reminds me of Inori during the early episodes of GC.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »
1:

NOW WE'RE TALKING! It's an ontological mystery, best friggen kind. I just hope it's intentional, and isn't just a delay in exposition or doesn't get addressed. The characters act like real people, and on top of that are fun and lively. Best show after JoJo I've seen that's aired.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently there's a part A which I did not watch. And here I was, so impressed with the director's mastery of show, don't tell. Be right back.

EDIT2: OHHHH BABY. It's everything I hoped for. Can't wait for more.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:58:09 PM by Marid King »
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »
1:

Basically what Reckoner said.  This shit moved along a little too smoothly for something that doesn't seem to be a parody.  The MC just accepts what happens to him without freaking out.  The world is only comically difficult in that none of his delusional stereotypes about being the protagonist come to fruition.  He doesn't even recognize that hitting that dude was actually effective.

I couldn't tell if this was supposed to be a comedy or not, but it was rarely humorous.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
MK, LOL.

Per ANN, Crunchyroll has put up a rather detailed series description.  Perhaps too detailed.

Spoiler for detailed series description. WARNING: MIGHT CONTAIN REAL SPOILERS ABOUT THE SERIES:
Quote from: Series synopsis
Natsuki Subaru, an ordinary high school student, encounters a beautiful silver-haired girl from another world. Subaru wants to stay by her side and help her, but the burden she carries is far beyond anything Subaru imagined. They're faced with one attacking monster after another, betrayal, irrational violence... and finally death. Subaru doesn't want to see her get hurt, so he vows to take down any enemy, any fate that comes his way, to protect her. And so this powerless boy obtains "Return by Death," a unique ability that allows him to turn back time by dying. It becomes the potential to guide all people to a world where everyone can always be smiling, dependent on Subaru's life and loneliness. By using his power, the past can be lost, and memories can be rewritten.

Subaru must now fight the fate that dooms him to keep all those forgotten memories hidden within, to be perpetually beaten, to see his own heart wearing down, to wager his life... all to protect the people he cares about. To get back the precious times that he's sure must have happened.

"Even if you forget me, I will never forget you."

This sounds more like Okabe and Makise in Steins;Gate.

Offline Marid King

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
It was a decent opener, but I thought it was a little too self aware for its own good. It also bothers me that our protagonist is another shut in NEET. Typical LN? We'll see, but maybe it will be a not too terrible way to pass some time.

Basically what Reckoner said.  This shit moved along a little too smoothly for something that doesn't seem to be a parody.  The MC just accepts what happens to him without freaking out.  The world is only comically difficult in that none of his delusional stereotypes about being the protagonist come to fruition.  He doesn't even recognize that hitting that dude was actually effective.

I couldn't tell if this was supposed to be a comedy or not, but it was rarely humorous.

Throw off those wet blankets guys, this is the second coming of Steins;Gate. It's even White Fox.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »
Well, having never seen Steins; Gate, it will be the pre-cumming of Steins; Gate for me.  Which also works with the White Fox.  Because jizz is white.  Usually.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »
Throw off those wet blankets guys, this is the second coming of Steins;Gate. It's even White Fox.

NOOOO. Subaru is not Okabe. He is not even paranoid. Where is the El Psy Congroo

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:39 PM »

Wake me up if director Hiroshi Hamasaki happens to waltz in and direct this and then you have my attention.

Offline Marid King

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:36 AM »
Well, having never seen Steins; Gate, it will be the pre-cumming of Steins; Gate for me.  Which also works with the White Fox.  Because jizz is white.  Usually.

So is it OK for an art critic to not know Leonardo daVinci? Because that's what's happening here.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 01:32:59 AM »

So is it OK for an art critic to not know Leonardo daVinci? Because that's what's happening here.

TIF seen more shit. So I'll let it slip by.

Online TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »

Is that the guy who won the Oscar for Revengenant?  Because I didn't see that movie, but I know it sucked.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All   Go Up