Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 06:26:23 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Hero Academia  (Read 14240 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: My Hero Academia
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
15:

Only thing I want to know is what evil befall Stain's nose.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2017, 05:53:26 AM »
You know, had Stain been more green, I would've confused him for Raphael.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:47 AM »
Stain is definitely the more interesting villain at the moment, Shiragaki...just wants the world to burn, cause reasons? Maybe if we get his explanation, then he might be more interesting, but I assume he's just a stomping stone on the road to Mr. Villain Voice.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »
I already got spoilered on Shiragaki and it isn't really that interesting.  Stain is sort of interesting, and I get what he's going for, but as always the extremist direction to mete your goals is always the incorrect one.  I wonder if he thought about the other possibilities on how to fix the professional hero situation before resulting to "nah, let's just cull the herd".

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »
I can see where Stain's beef with hero's could have begun (not having read the manga). All Might seems to be his ideal hero. He has a rather......peculiar quirk that no self respecting hero agency would take on. Since his hero ability relies on him stabbing people, the OH&S risk he  poses dashed any hopes he had of being a hero. From there I can see how he could become upset at guys less capable than him getting jobs, but I don't know how that goes to 'murder everyone that isn't All Might'.

Endeavour is a walking contradiction to me. He's a capable hero, but he's so obsessed with being number 2 that I'm surprised it doesn't affect him professionally, other than being a piece of shit human being. He at least appears to actually care about his job, unless that's just a facade as well.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
16, 17:

Exhilarating two episodes.

Stain is the more interesting character than Shiragaki, simply because he has a very twisted sense of justice. Like what Major Tom thinks, he operates with a deep grudge against Heroes and that All Might is the only genuine Hero to him. Even Endeavor is a Hero he doesn't seem to acknowledge, so beyond his twisted logic, it could also be because All Might did something for Stain personally. What that would be is anyone's guess.

Shiragaki is just an agent of chaos. Nothing complex about him. It's tempting to compare him to say Heath Joker, but not really so. Joker's agenda, on top of wracking havoc, is also to test Batman's resolve. Shiragaki is just demented but without any specific plan.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »
31:

Cool down episode which features what might be one of the more intelligent plot devices where humans can be easily swayed by ideologies and charisma, no matter how heinous or idiotic they are.

Oh, and nice touch with McGruff the Crime Dog there.  I see you, BnHA, I see you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:29:10 PM by TypicalIdiotFan »

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2017, 11:43:28 PM »
18:

Kero kero.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »
18, 19:

Hmm, think I finally understand a bit about Stain's motivations. Heroes are glorified figures who are doing it for the money, and Stain wants to go back to the old pre-All Might days. In a way, he's a fundamentalist (and that's very scary in a contemporary way, seeing as how a lot of real-life extremist movements these days are about going back to the fundamentals).

Worse thing is, the sentiments are not exclusive to Stain. It's something many feel, but he's the one who brought it to light. This raises one question: why is this so-called Symbol of Justice, apparently conceived by All Might and which made Stain the disillusioned figure that he is, even initiated in the first place?

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »
20:

It's only natural that One For All's arch-nemesis is the opposite, All For One. Like Batman and Joker, but more obvious. In the premise of stories based on superpowers, the power to absorb powers is one that's done to death so it's boring as hell. But so far, My Hero Academia's strength has been more on execution and storytelling, so I'm willing forgive this cliché.

Offline Herought

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »
2: This episode is great for sure, I am afraid on how the training arc will unfold because it slows down most shonen shows.

They kinda skipped the training arc where Deku trained with All Might's mentor and went straight up fighting a beast of an enemy which is the hero killer.. But man, this anime sure is interesting!

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »
2: This episode is great for sure, I am afraid on how the training arc will unfold because it slows down most shonen shows.

They kinda skipped the training arc where Deku trained with All Might's mentor and went straight up fighting a beast of an enemy which is the hero killer.. But man, this anime sure is interesting!

You mean Izukuès training with Gran Torino? It was definitely in the anime. Not sure if they skipped around but the point of their training got across just fine in the anime.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
Dunno how long he spends with Gran Torino in the manga, but it's like, 2 days tops in the show before the 2nd Nomu incident and the Stain fight. Still, it does get the point across.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »
Japanese school summer break is about 6 weeks. After spending 2 days with Grand Torino, he may spend up to 3 weeks in hospital. (Where is Recovery girl?) Deku may spent some time at home. Then he may go back to GT for more training. GT's training may be lighter due to Deku recovery from his injuries. GT's training could be a bit booooaaarrring. So skip.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!

« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
I don't think the internship program happened over the summer break, or if it did only a part of it.  Cause the next episode is the start of the summer camp, which happens over summer break. Unless I'm remembering the end of the last episode wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All   Go Up