Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 05:47:06 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Hero Academia  (Read 15356 times)

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

Re: My Hero Academia
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 01:35:22 PM »

I might be in the minority in here but i really enjoyed the reason of him being an ass to Deku. Cause the reason usually is truly pointless and egocentric. So no trauma or revenge plot for my dead family or the most cliche of them all i'm just jealous of his guts etc.

And the feels. 5/5

But it's sooo slooooooooow. Pick up the pace. 

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
7:

Whats with the shortsighted perspective of villains?
I'd go out like a champ.
If i'm gonna lose I'm most definitely triggering that bomb and taking erryone with me.
Way to teach that a villain wouldn't abandon their own safety and enter zero sum territory.
Nonsense.
And how is simply touching the bomb a genuine win condition?
Training my ass.
Take this shit seriously.
This isnt ****ing high school P.E.
This will have lasting ramifications on how these future heroes perceive legitimate scenarios in the future.
And Deku just passes out and is granted the victory?
Im sure Gravity could handle the 1v2 from there. She's fine.
Does that not undermine the entirety of the narrative?
That his power is pretty shit for being anything more than someone whom can sacrifice themselves in service of defeating a "big bad" but is shit with dealing with the reality of fallout and collateral damage associated with such a fight?
But maybe they'll address it next episode.

And The Flash gets the shaft.
Typical.
Calculating characters just cant flourish within an earnest man's anime.
Poor Bastion.
It was more of a "they sacrificed this one character solely to make another work". ya' know. shit writing
m sure The Flash will be given his time to shine but for know he had to shit the bed.
Cause, ya know, aint no way he could factor Bakugo going full retard....that is unless the narrative truly demanded him to have such capabilities. But hey, I suppose a siimple "he ust didnt give as much a **** as Deku" works well enough. Also the whole he really had no feasible way of anticipating this scenario...unless he needed to for his own character advancemnt. But at that point I'm just shitposting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:57:16 PM by Zeitgeist »

Offline Sidenote

• Troll

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 07:49:30 PM »
7:

That epiphany moment for Kacchan was so great. The simplicity of this how is what drives it. Kacchan wants to be #1 'cuz he believes that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, plain and simple. Animation for the Detroit Smash was high-quality. Episode is super slow, as usual. But still super fun.
Hunter X Hunter really isn't that good, guys....

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
7:

Great episode.

Apart from the excessive yelling shounen-style, the story behind how Bakugo came to be puts a lot of things in perspective. He's never been a bad guy; he's just a good guy walking down the wrong path (which All Might notices). What I really want to see now is how Bakugo responds after seeing the toll taken on Midoriya's body for clinching the victory. Will he still be going down the ego-ridden path, or realise something about Midoriya that slipped his mind a long time ago?

The fact that I really look forward to the next episode, is a testament of how good this shounen series is.

Offline AHideyo

• AHideyo's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: Hideyo

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »
7: This is definitely a Bakugo characterization episode, I agree with Zeitgeist. I also agree with Zeitgeist that gravity girl Ochaco can beat Flash Iida and Bakugo by herself, although not in a 2 v 1 scenario.

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »
8:

"Muh right...he prediced it"
Yea but he did the first time, and you savvied it the second time and are now surprised the third time? how that werk?

I ****ing hate All Might. Just the worst excuse for a character. I eagerly await his inevitably, poorly realized and poorly timed, death.

Look at this bitch addressing my misgivings.

based on recommendation? Who are these not All Mights.

On a fundamental level, is it more provocative to see only her gloves/boots whilst knowing she aint got no underwear OR actually seeing her floating bra and panties?

Oh such a shame. What a hassle. His big backlash is gonna take an entire night to heal. Call Gon. Togashi can wrap that shit up.

Wtf was that bullshit about how if All Might's asinine secret were to be leaked than society itself would fall to chaos?
Glad Blandman is keeping the entirety of civilization in check.
Good to ****ING know.
I aint even mad.

With female designs this great why even bother with dudes?
I mean, keep Falco, Static, muh boy Bakugo and ditch the rest,

One: Bakugo's pants are far too baggy.
Two: He is walking far too slowly.

Deku is literally the worst.
I genuinely loathe everything about him.

Offline Sidenote

• Troll

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »
8:

Slow. Like really, really slow. All the material was necessary for if they're planning on making this anime 24-39 episodes long, but otherwise it was just plain unnecessary. I reserve my judgements for season 2 announcements.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2016, 04:46:47 AM »
7:

Aw... that's a sad back story.. wait, what?
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 08:33:45 AM »
8:

A satisfying resolution to Bakugo getting over his ego (for now). And man, that villain at the end is very freaky.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2016, 10:09:59 PM »
8:

Wow. This episode is dull because of the overly slow pacing. I know the last parts are quite good but.. DARN IT. MAKE IT FASTER! I AM BORED!
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2016, 07:03:59 AM »
9:

I'm not sure what to think of the pacing, well, not just yet.

I heard that this is a one-cour show and that usually helps for a shounen genre, which has a rep for being awfully slow (yeah I'm looking at you One Piece). My Hero Academia looks like a show that's meant to be a two-cour instead, so if this one-cour approach is true, then I hope it doesn't make the pacing too quick for its own good.

It's exciting to see the baddies coming up out of the shadows, though. What are heroes without their villains, right?

Offline Stark700

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2016, 03:20:24 AM »
10:

Pretty good episode this week. We get to witness some of the villains' powers and to be quite honest, this is the first legitimate fight that the students participated in. They are fighting some of the weaker villains right now but there are also some of the stronger ones from the League of Villains there.

I like most of the characters' portrayals this episode in particular Tsui and Eraser Head.
Thirteen is also a nice sight to see. Deku showed his courage this episode and even Mineta did something! Well yeah, I think this episode just goes to show how intense the fights can get against the villains.

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2016, 11:35:51 AM »
10: So, let me get this straight. Firstly, Mineta's only power is throwing things off his head and making them stick to hard surfaces, right? He didn't think about many creative uses for his power up to this point, and doesn't tend to have an easy time in combat. Secondly, he's cowardice incarnate; he's definitely not the kind to go around saving other people, and he's not going to go up against villains without really thinking about his options first - which he's shown is not one of his strong points. There are two ways to get into this school: via exam or recommendation. The exam measured two credentials: ability to defeat villains, and courage to rescue others when they needed it most. He's not particularly combat savvy, and, as I said before, he can't really afford to save other people with his measly power and tendency towards cowardice.

How the heck did he get into this school? Was he recommended? Is he rich? The other recommended students definitely have a large amount of skill and knowledge behind them to begin with, so I honestly doubt he was recommended, and the academy doesn't seem to be the type that lets students in on account of how much money they have. I'm just having a hard time picturing the dude making it into this school via any method, whatsoever.
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline Sidenote

• Troll

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »
10:

A little faster, thank goodness. Hope they keep it up.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2016, 07:31:28 AM »
10:

The only thing I didn't like was the scene where All Might is being held up for a frivolous talk. Less action, more talk, please.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All   Go Up