Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow Hearts  (Read 2162 times)

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Shadow Hearts
« on: September 20, 2005, 08:32:41 AM »
Anyone played Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, or Koudelka(Shadow Heart's little-known prequel)?  Anyone looking foreward to Shadow Hearts: From The New World?  Discuss, because I'm so awesome.

In my opinion, Shadow Hearts is to Final Fantasy what Silent Hill is to Resident Evil.  Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are both decent examples of the genre that can appeal to hardcore and dabblers alike, while Shadow Hearts(and all related games) and Silent Hill are much less mainstream, and are much less afraid to shock and offend.

Offline AnimeBlazer

Shadow Hearts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:33:32 PM »
I've played both Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 but I can't find Koudelka. I can kind of agree with you on the point that Shadow Hearts has a bit more room to try and wow it's audience with something new compared to it's mainstream competitors but after the great job that was done on Shadow Hearts 2, the companies can't risk the 3rd installment being much less of an achievement as SH2 was or the series may not last much longer.

Offline ReadorDie

• Teh Newbie Reviewer

Shadow Hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 05:00:36 PM »
My thing about Shadow Hearts is...how CAN it get better?  Koudelka was an amazing(though heavily flawed) game.  Shadow Hearts was amazing but its graphics were lacking.  Shadow Hearts: Covenant had the best of both worlds, all the graphical power that Shadow Hearts deserved, all of the cyncism and maturity of Koudelka.  I'm wondering HOW it will get better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up