Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 12:28:14 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Compositions  (Read 833 times)

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

Personal Compositions
« on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:53 AM »
Not sure if there are any active musicians here. I guess this is a bit of a thread for shameless plugging, but also I love hearing music other people make, and I love sharing my own as well.

I have a number of songs on my soundcloud, including a "tribute" album for Yuki Kajiura which I started last year, and have failed to finish:
https://soundcloud.com/gremf_music/sets/my-fiction

I've failed to garner any real following, but in spite of that I'll still continue to make music for years and years. It's a huge passion of mine, and even if no one else is listening to what I make at least I will (which may be vain but...)

Edit: Also have had a number of subforums open and meant to post it in the music subforum, so if someone could move it there that'd be great.

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

Re: Personal Compositions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:16 AM »
Hi hayama,

Those tracks sound really nice. Is that your voice that you've recorded singing multiple parts?

Kajiura Yuki's always seemed to like polyphony with female (hence the 3 lady unit Kalafina), so recording yourself covering the vocals here really fits that sort of mystic, choral feel she brings out in her tracks. I used to sing barbershop in high school, and there's something about having those notes so close together that really provides that rich sound her tracks have.

What did you use to mix yourself?

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

Re: Personal Compositions
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Yep, I sang all of the vocal parts. I've just been using garageband. I have logic but it doesn't have my beloved auto-tune, so I'm sticking with GB for now. It's actually a lot of fun giving a male spin to Kajiura's music, since a large majority of her songs are sung by women. I also adore her harmonies and they're not too difficult to reproduce. I need to get back to this album; I did a lot of work on it late last year, but then got distracted by making other songs and ended up putting this on hiatus. Glad you enjoyed it though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up