Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 08:43:37 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: G-Senjou no Maou  (Read 11046 times)

Offline Aelms

Re: G-Senjou no Maou
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
It's not that I'm upset with what ending the creators chose, because it was awesome and they clearly wrote the story with it in mind. It's that...

Spoiler for Hiden:
They took the lazy way out in giving Maou an identity. Was it a good idea to suggest heavily that Kyousuke is Maou? Yeah, since it helped with making much of the early chapters exciting. Was Kyouhei given nearly enough exposition or were they enough hints to make it ever feel doubtful that Kyousuke was not Maou after all? No, and this is where I take issue.

In my very biased opinion, a plot twist is strengthened by how it serves as a revelation. The reader should always be given the chance of figuring out whether a the plot twist would happen and not be completely thrown in the other direction. In G-Senjou, every hint that was given pointed towards Kyousuke actually being aware of his Maou actions (instead of his Maou identity acting independent of him), rather than Maou being someone other than Kyousuke. This red herring ruined a lot of the emotional investment and understanding I personally had with Kyousuke and threw me off in a lot of the developments during the Haru arc. This is not to mention that Haru's character felt inconsistent, but that's a minor gripe that I didn't particularly mind.

I'll definitely check out the other routes eventually for a better look at Kyousuke.

Offline thanosmat

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
I never believed that Kyousuke was Maou. For me it was always obvious this was impossible, even with the red herrings.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »
Trust me I agree. It was a bullcrap plot twist that almost made me want to drop the game.

It was obvious Kyousuke wasn't because they tried way too hard to make it seem like he was to me. But the solution they came up with was the laziest thing I've ever seen.

Also can anyone explain to me why the Maou will leave the City on any path that's not Haru's? It seemed like a pretty heavy red herring to just ignore.

Tsubasa and Kanons routes are great. They are much better developed than Haru and Kyousukes character gets a lot as well. 3rd girl I wasn't too pleased with how lazy they were with her either.

Though overall the game was still superb, loved the actual ending a lot.

Offline thanosmat

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
Tsubasa and Kanons routes are great. They are much better developed than Haru and Kyousukes character gets a lot as well.

I don't know how anyone thinks Haru is less developed than the Tsubasa and Kanon. At least I fail to see.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »
Tsubasa and Kanons routes are great. They are much better developed than Haru and Kyousukes character gets a lot as well.

I don't know how anyone thinks Haru is less developed than the Tsubasa and Kanon. At least I fail to see.

Haru doesn't really get much development. She's a likable character and has a lot of personality but I really don't think she got much development. Even Mizuha got more development than her (though they cheated to give it to her).

I can see how she's everyone's favorite girl, but I was pretty disappointed with how they handled her character in the end. The reason for this is because the last route is spent entirely on the Maou rather than the relationship between Kyousuke and her (unlike the other routes).

Offline MCAL

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qBNsS65RU&feature=youtu.be

So apparently Sekai Project is releasing G-Senjou no Maou.

Sharin no Kuni when? Actually, rom what I'm reading Sharin no Kuni has a pretty good chance and then maybe other Akabei Soft titles. Have wanted to play a few of them....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:48:54 PM by MCAL »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up