Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 03:36:18 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Hard To Believe  (Read 9795 times)

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

Just Hard To Believe
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 09:53:15 AM »
Darlene, why not just read reviews instead of "digging" for the diamonds? :)

Nice to meet you, by the way.

Offline C0MPL3X

• :3

Just Hard To Believe
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »
but reading reviews IS digging. Well, at least for me.
For example, there arent many reviews on the anime ´violinist of hamel...´i forgot. I read eeks review at aa, sounds cool, sounds like my type of anime, and its not. Not even close.

For me, steps before downloading an anime include reading reviews (several of them from different sites), searching for discussion threads on forums so I can see what kind of people liked it or what parts are interesting, etc etc. It may not sound like too much work, but if you´re doing that just to download an anime, it is, because there are a lot of animes to watch. But it´s worth it, because of how many trashes are out there. Plus, I have an incredibly slow download rate, which is not so bad because it limits the amount of time I can watch an anime.

Offline Zirilan

• http://www.nihonreview.com

Just Hard To Believe
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
It's already been said but I'm going to say it again, anime is far from the only industry that's filled with more crap than specimens that are at least decent.  The gaming industry is the same way, it's a huge form of media with millions if not billions of titles to play, 98% of which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.  You have to sift past a lot of crap to find something good in both, but as Darlene said it, maybe all the crap makes those "gems" that much better.

And just when I wouldn't find a good thread anywhere today I come across this, this thread is also one of those rare gems where people are actually seriously discussing something.

Offline Sara

Re: Just Hard To Believe
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 05:59:32 PM »
Is this considered necro-posting?

I think (wow... really?) that when you intentionally search for something it becomes all that more difficult to find. You search for long periods of time and you get your hopes up only for them to be shattered once you find what you were looking for isn't quite what you expected.

When you suddenly come across these "gems" just out of curiosity you find things are more enjoyable. (I guess I'm pretty much just saying I agree with Darlene...).

Maybe, if people stopped worrying about finding the bad they'd stumble across more good. When you point things out as wrong it makes people more concious and closed-minded (in my opinion). Kind of like the post above mine, with the comment about never finding good threads.

(phycology is a bitch...)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up