Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 16, 2017, 12:03:35 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naruto is over  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Naruto is over
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:38:49 AM »
Permit me to say that as a fan of the series for nearly a decade, this is a monumental event for me. And personally, I think Naruto will always be a major landmark in the history of anime and manga. Right now, I just have a deep sense of satisfaction. The series had highs and lows, but I never lost the sense that Kishi cared deeply about his story, his characters, and the world he'd created, even if he couldn't always do them justice. The majority of his characters were interesting, original, and memorable. Also, he was a misogynist. Overall, I  think Naruto was a worthy effort, with good results. Having now read the entire manga, I hereby award it 8/10. *sniff* *wobble* *cry* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline hyperknees91

Re: Naruto is over
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »
Also, he was a misogynist

Lawl.

Yeah Naruto is over, I do feel he should have cut out Kaguya completely and dedicated that time to the Sasuke conflict but whatever. Naruto is still a decent shounen like said even with its flaws. It is one of the few shounens with a big focus on character development, which was nice to see.

Btw the ninja storm games are a lot more enjoyable then anime and manga if you ask me =p. Naruto works much better with well animated fights.

Offline Zeitgeist

• DrunkenZeitgeist's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
Characters? The only semi redeemable aspect of the narrative was the world in whichit was set....and even that went vastly underutilized.

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:01:26 PM »
The whole war arc was boring as ****. Pain would've made for a better end boss I think.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
I think just about everyone agrees that Pain was the last time Naruto was good.

Offline SQA

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »
So, the implication in the last frame is: End Ninja Wars, create modern Megacities. 

Naruto = Tokugawa Ieyasu?

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
Except didn't the Tokugawa shogunate isolate Japan for centuries?  I didn't think modernization happened until after the Meiji Restoration.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Redgrave

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »
Been following Naruto for 10 years. It's part of my childhood and my anime fandom. I'm both sad and happy to see it end and it's been a really fun ride. Only the roller coaster in the end wasn't quite so thrilling. Despite of that, i was pretty emotional reading the last chapters.

NaruSaku fans, your tears are delicious.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »
That last chapter just makes me so happy. Basically every pairing I ever wanted happened.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
Well, one of the most iconic shounen action series is finally over.  I'm actually rather shocked that all 700 chapters fit into one master arc, the Uchiha vs. Konoha conflict.  Normally we get multiple key story arcs with completely different villains. Naruto was laser focused on one idea, and I was quite impressed with that.  Now it took 15 years of side conflicts to get to the whole Naruto vs Sasuke showdown, but there was a kind of poetry to it all...  as anticlimactic and overwrought as it was. 

The ending with the kids was cute.  I look forward to the final movie for the one last hurrah.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »
Even if this manga really did die after the end of the Pain arc, I still felt sentimental at the end of this manga. It was clearly not that good of an ending and most of the war arc just plain sucked, but it does feel like parting with my childhood in so many ways. I don't regret having watched/read Naruto, and I definitely liked it for most of its run, but it is unfortunate that Kishimoto floundered towards the end. Still much better than Bleach though.

Offline SQA

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »
DBZ got drug out far longer than Toriyama wanted it to, which made the later parts far worse, but it's still well remembered.  I don't think Naruto will be remembered badly.  Mostly because we probably won't get away from Media Franchise for another decade.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 11:08:25 AM »
Yeah people will mainly remember the war arc for the powerups rather than its story (same with the majin buu arc being remembered for its Fusion dance).

Offline Redgrave

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 05:09:22 PM »
I think most people would look back at it with nostalgia and fond memories. It's a gateway for a lot of anime fans after all.

That said, I'm pretty hyped for the last movie. Also, next ninja storm game when?
Pages: [1]   Go Up