Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 11:59:09 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Corrections  (Read 30084 times)

Offline miroku2192

Re: Error Corrections
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 10:15:33 PM »
I don't know if my PM to the writer went through or not because I couldn't find my message in the inbox, but the parts I got to read of his Katanagatari review were just so good that I had to register to let him/her know that there was a tiny typo!

Here's the paragraph: However, anyone who does manage it (through experience and/or force of will) will find that the torrent of dialogue is very important to the story as a whole. Through dialogue, every major character lays our their stories and their motivations, and play off each other to a significant degree not often seen in most anime.

I believe he/she meant to say "lays out", not "lays our". Very tiny mistake. Hope that helps! And awesome review btw!

Offline Ascaloth

• Yo! Yo!
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »
@miroku2192,

Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed. :)

Offline KS

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:49 PM »
Lately I've been getting errors every time I got to make a post.  The most common one seems to be where it claims that "Your request timed out. Please retry the request." the first time I go to post something.  Usually this is solved by backing up and then clicking the post button again but sometimes even that doesn't work and I'm forced to either copy the contents, open a new tab after a minute or so and make the attempt again and at worst being forced to scuttle the post entirely when I'm on a device where doing that isn't as easy.  Has anyone else been encountering this problem or know what might be causing it?  It's been happening for about a week now I'd say and I waited to see if it would go away before mentioning anything but it hasn't yet.

Offline CNile

• Reviewer
  • I'm a very gifted post-cognitive.
    • CNile's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with CNile_ using Skype

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
Lately I've been getting errors every time I got to make a post.  The most common one seems to be where it claims that "Your request timed out. Please retry the request." the first time I go to post something.  Usually this is solved by backing up and then clicking the post button again but sometimes even that doesn't work and I'm forced to either copy the contents, open a new tab after a minute or so and make the attempt again and at worst being forced to scuttle the post entirely when I'm on a device where doing that isn't as easy.  Has anyone else been encountering this problem or know what might be causing it?  It's been happening for about a week now I'd say and I waited to see if it would go away before mentioning anything but it hasn't yet.

That's been a common problem for everyone except me it seems.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »
Yeah, staff is aware of it and working on that problem.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline sddsdd

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
Just wanted to point out a tiny error in the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso review. The show is twenty-two episodes long, not twenty-four. (In the review itself)

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 10:10:53 AM »

Hi KS, if you're still getting these errors please inform us. The forum has been much more stable recently, so we're hoping that the same issue won't happen again.

Just wanted to point out a tiny error in the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso review. The show is twenty-two episodes long, not twenty-four. (In the review itself)

Hi sddsdd, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed!

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
After being logged for some time in the Nihon Review, I am now labelled as a spambot. I pretty much resolved the problem by clearing everything in my Chrome's history but I am curious as to why it happens at times. Thank you.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 09:20:23 PM »
Where is that label showing up?

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »
It's only a message board stating that the site is apologizing since they cannot let me log because I am now labelled a spambot when I tried to log in. It also states that it will not be lifted unless I send the administrators a message. It happens from time to time. It bothered me at first but well, it can be solved so I am fine with that.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »
Have you sent an admin a message?

I only say this because I went and looked through the mod queue and the ban list and I can't figure out why you're seeing that.  Unless you're using proxy servers and one of the proxies got banned?

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
I did, maybe they lifted it since I can post in this forum as of the moment. The last time I logged before I got banned is I clicked 'forever' for the time I am in this site. Maybe my Google Chrome is to blame because I remember seeing a similar message when I tried to use the google search engine one time.

Yes. I think that's the case? I really don't know. I am not good with infotech terms. I am sorry.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up