Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 11:43:04 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hetalia: The World Twinkle  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Gadget

Hetalia: The World Twinkle
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:44:57 PM »
Have the nation reduce to cats. Instead or WW2 stuff, it's current international problems. The politics are either global, like how Germany is the force behind EC. Or it could be more Japanese. Took me a while the 'avernomics' could be 'ablemonics'

But the bottom line is that is not that funny. To a people and culturepoint is almost irritating. Comedy speaks differently to different people and culture. It certainly did NOT speak to me.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:26:17 AM by Gadget »

Offline AHideyo

• AHideyo's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: Hideyo

Re: Hetalia: The World Twinkle
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
I wonder how ISIS would look in hetalia.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 02:19:12 AM »
Hetalia is one of those extremely short lived jokes for me.  First season, part of the second, but it was done after that.  Now it just remains a fujoshi fest with little to no substance.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline SQA

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 02:54:57 AM »
Hetalia is one of those extremely short lived jokes for me.  First season, part of the second, but it was done after that.  Now it just remains a fujoshi fest with little to no substance.

That has made its creator a random multi-millionaire. :)  Not that I'm still watching either.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
Hey, more power to 'em, too.  I have a rather lengthy list of popular money making franchises I don't care for.

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »
The bottom-line when it comes to ANY anime at the end of the day is making money, and if some poor sap is living in a nice cozy apartment or living the life in general because they're cashing in on a crappy trend or nostalgia or whatever, then good for them.

Isn't going to stop me from thrashing their work though. Not that I've seen a single second of Hetalia.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 03:54:07 PM »
Like most franchises, I can put up with a crappy show or whatever media it resides in so long as I don't also have to deal with the fans of said franchise.

Yeah, I know.  I'm a fan of several things and geek out as much as anybody else, but I am also proud of my hypocrisy and you can go **** yourself.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 12:34:14 AM »
I am afraid that my manliness just dropped by watching all Hetalia episodes including the extras. I am going to give my opinion while I am still sane and is yet to be affected by those fujoshis shipping those bishies. This fandom is one of the most enthusiastic and scary ones that I have seen in anime community.

+ The first season of Hetalia is legitimately funny. A creepy grin is plastered in my mouth as I see those anthropomorphic nations screw the history for the first time.
+ The fifth season of Hetalia is actually visually pretty. The art improved as well as the animation.
+ The ending songs are catchy, especially Marukaitte Chikyuu and Mawaru Chikyuu Rondo.
+ Germany is a closet gay for Italy and is a source of unintentional humor.
+ Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Romano and Spain are actually funny. Prussia is just... awesome.
+ The eleventh episode of Hetalia - The World Series reduced me to ROFL after seeing Japan shouting 've~ pastaaaaa!' after being with Italy for some time. I can ascertain that this is the funniest Hetalia episode ever.
+ The Gakuen Hetalia and Hetalia of the Dead (both from The Beautiful World) are ridiculously comedic.
+ There are also scenes which are either touching enough (Switzerland and Liechtenstein), weird enough (France meeting a tourist in Paris) or just sad (America seeking independence from England) which makes you think for a second that Hetalia might be deeper than just a racist comedic anime (but it's just hollow.)

- The jokes are repetitive to the point that I do not even want to remember that I actually marathoned this for a week bar season one.
- The World Series is not something that I would like to rewatch despite making me laugh at times. The misses are far greater than the hits. Japan and Greece should never be together because it's more fun watching paint dry than see them talking.
- Nekotalia destroyed the Beautiful World. Chibitalia marred the Axis Powers and the World Series.
- I don't know. We all know that this one is fueled by homoeroticism but the female characters are interesting too but unfortunately were not given enough screen time. Hungary and Belarus are quite funny. Ukraine is passable.
- Don't even ask about the art and the animation of the first four seasons.

Guilty pleasure aside, this is a 4 or 5 overall but screw logic. I will give it a 6 because I enjoy it. As regards to the World Twinkle, the moment I saw Nekotalia in episode one is also the moment I dropped it. I had enough.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up