Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 01:57:52 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8th Seiyu Awards  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Gadget

8th Seiyu Awards
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
The 8th Seiyu Awards results are out. They are
 Best Actor in leading role: Yūki Kaji   
Best Actress in leading role :Rina Satō   
Best Actors in supporting roles:Yoshimasa Hosoya   
Best Actresses in supporting roles:Yui Ishikawa   
Best Rookie actors: Kaito Ishikawa and Daiki Yamashita
Best Rookie actresses: Maaya Uchida

Yuki Kaji may got from Attck on Titans as Eren Yeager. I always though he's a fun guy to look out. And he's one one my favourite hentai guys. He handle emotional quite well. I though he was better as Yukine in Noragami

Rina Satō as Mikoto Misaka from a Certain Magical Index or more likely Scientific Railgun. I think she deserve it. Personally, I would have prefer Kana Hanazawa as Rumi Yokoi in Tonari no Seki-kun. Her voicing is rather over the top, but it add fun to a very short episode.

Not sure which series Yoshimasa Hosoya shine. But I don't think is  Kojō Akatsuki in Strike the Blood.

Did Yui Ishikawa got her award from Attack On Titans or Gundam Built Fighters. I always though Mikasa Ackerman did not speak that much.

Kaito Ishikawa did quite well as  Harutora Tsuchimikado in Tokyo Raven. And as for Daiki Yamashita, I know he was in Yowamushi Pedal and Log Horizon. I've yet to see these series to give any comment.

And finally Maaya Uchida, the irritating and hyperactive Hajime Ichinose in Gatchaman Crowds. I actually did not like her, but she did a good job of making me not liking her.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: 8th Seiyu Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
Rina Sato abso****inglutely deserved that.  She managed a whole slew of emotional ranges in the second Railgun series, which is one reason why I continue to harp it up as one of the best damned anime ever.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Desdemondia

• Calculated.
    • Desdemondia's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: Desdemondia
    • @Desdemondia

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
Still nothing for Kanahana? She was all over the place.

which is one reason why I continue to harp it up as one of the best damned anime ever.

Off-topic, but from what I hear.. is it really worth watching index and/or railgun to get to railgun S?

Or just jump right in?

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »
It's not worth watching past the first 16 episodes of Railgun S. Rest is complete crap. Half of Railgun season 1 is crap. Large portions of Index are crap. However, context is everything. You can't quite appreciate those first 16 episodes as much without having seen at least Index or the first seaosn of Railgun (which ever you tolerate more). Index is more shoneny and Railgun is more bad moe slice of esper life junk.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »
It's not worth watching past the first 16 episodes of Railgun S. Rest is complete crap. Half of Railgun season 1 is crap. Large portions of Index are crap. However, context is everything. You can't quite appreciate those first 16 episodes as much without having seen at least Index or the first seaosn of Railgun (which ever you tolerate more). Index is more shoneny and Railgun is more bad moe slice of esper life junk.

This man has the episode count exactly right, but I disagree about needing to see anything else. I personally recommend jumping right in. I've basically forgotten everything about Railgun S1, except that it never really impressed me. S2 took a few episodes to get rolling as it is, but once it did, the intensity kept amping up until my jaw fell off around the climax. I never watched the Sisters Arc before, and I wasn't confused in the slightest, so I think you should definitely see Railgun S straight away.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »
Off-topic, but from what I hear.. is it really worth watching index and/or railgun to get to railgun S?  Or just jump right in?

Tough to say, since I've seen both.  It is, in my opinion, a kick to watch the original Index do the SISTERS arc then go watch the Railgun version of it and realize that the comparison serves as a microcosm of why Index sucks.

However, I don't think you can watch Railgun S without at least watching the first Railgun.  As Reckoner pointed out, some of the nuances would be lost on you otherwise.  It also helps to know the world setting that this takes place in, which is more of a focus of Index than Railgun.  So, in my opinion, you have to watch enough of both to "get it".

If you want a numerical order, watch Railgun's first season, then Index up to the end of the retarded Deep Blood arc (episode 9), then Railgun S.  You can watch more Index as you wish, but that's all you really require.  Index episodes 10-14 cover the SISTERS arc from that perspective.  Basically Railgun is almost entirely from Misaka Mikoto's perspective, while Index is almost entirely from Kamijo Touma's perspective.  The differences in direction should smack you upside the head pretty quickly, because there are a number of common scenes for the SISTERS arc in both series, pretty much at the climax of the story, but each provides a bit more side bits to the story that are exclusive to them.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline SQA

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:36:42 AM »
I'd second TIF's episode recommendation.  You need to know some of Index's story, otherwise the world-picture doesn't make the most sense.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
The best performance was Daisuke Namikawa as Squealer if you ask me. He also gave a really good performance as Chris from Ace of Diamond so Idk, feels kinda wrong not to include him.

Offline MCAL

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Second Daisuke Namikawa. Not only was his Squealer fantastic, the guy has about the best range of any seiyuu today.

Meanwhile, I'll never understand what people like about Kaji Yuki.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »
Probably just because he was the lead role in the most popular show last year rather then his actual performing abilities (same with Mikasa actress). 

Whoever voiced Satsuki should be given praise as well, As well as Hikaru Midorikawa as Kyousuke. Seriously Mikasa actor over Satsuki's? They gotta be insane.

Offline Desdemondia

• Calculated.
    • Desdemondia's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: Desdemondia
    • @Desdemondia

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
Appreciated; been wondering about it for some time.. and gotta confess, I had accidentally watched a bit of Index thinking it was railgun so got a bit of a feel for the setting at least

Though it was forgettable shit.
So it's highly tempting to get straight to the nitty gritty but the episode counts will be quite helpful. Hehe.

Awful lot of Shingeki no Kyojin in this list.. but probably to be expected though when they really get a chance in a show like that to do some rants. Add to that, the hype train of course.
But still, to me KanaHana as Akane in Psycho Pass was perfectly matched even if it wasn't the most flashy. I thought it was a humble role and not something like, say, any role in SnK where everybody has opportunity to ham up the rage. 

No personality award given this year also.

Offline Garuda

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
For me It would have been :

Best Actor in leading role : I don't know, I understand Yūki Kaji's victory though
Best Actress in leading role : Izumi Kitta in Watamote for Tomoko, she literally makes the show and the character
Best Actor in supporting role : Daisuke Namikawa in Shinsekai Yori for Squealer
Best Actress in supporting roles : Hanazawa Kana for Nadeko in Monogatari / Aika in Zetsuen no Tempest OR Sakakibara Yoshiko, she was awesome in Psycho-Pass (Kasei) and Shinsekai Yori (Tomiko)

Offline KS

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
For me it'd be the same for both leading and supporting:

Best Actor: Kouki Uchiyama (Banagher Links - Gundam Unicorn, Meruem - Hunter x Hunter)
Best Actress: Saori Hayami (Aila Jyrkianainen - Gundam BF, Kagura Mikazuchi - Fairy Tail, Yukino Yukinoshita - Yahari Love Come)

Offline Garuda

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »
I think Hayami Saori was better in Oreimo haha. Uchiyama Kouki is probably a future big name.

Sakurai Takahiro was also very good in 2013, especially as Makishima and Yasaburō in Uchōten Kazoku. Noto Mamiko as Benten was also awesome in it, but the female supporting role category is often stacked. When I think about it, Kyousogiga had a great voice acting too, and Monogatari as always (especially Kaiki, Shinobu and Nadeko).

Offline Gadget

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »

Best Actor in leading role : I don't know, I understand Yūki Kaji's victory though

1. Attack on Titans was a big hit.
2. He cries a lot.
3. He shouts a lot.
4. He's still the best hentai VA. Oh yah, no hentai stuff in AoT, but he was in DxD.
5. He does have a boyish aspect to his voice, especially in Accel World.

The Seiyu awards is not the same as Tokyo Anime Awards. They may give the award to another VA.
 For example, the winner for 2014 VA is Hideaki Anno in The Wind Rises. I was going WHAAT? Am I reading correctly, is this the  Best Voice Actor award, not the Directers award? And after screwing our brains in Evengelion series, and now he is an award winning VA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up