Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 08:49:51 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni + Chiru  (Read 12760 times)

Offline MCAL

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni + Chiru
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »
Also about Beatrice

Spoiler for Hiden:
Has to be a man right? I guess they didn't want to reveal that because the shounen-ai would be kinda unappealing I guess? Because that would make the shannon-george romance shounen ai as well. I wonder what his sexual problem was though? Was he a tranny or something?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Beatrice/Yasu's true gender is left ambiguous as you know. I felt Yasu was female as the more dominant personalities are female. (Beatrice for being the Golden Witch and Shannon for being the Winner in the "Duel of Love.") Anyway, Yasu I believes suffers from Gender Identity Disorder. Basically, when Natsuhi threw Yasu and the caretaker of the cliff, the fall damaged Yasu's sexual organs (Basically preventing her from developing a penis or vagina or from having breast if she was indeed female. So basically she has a body "incapable of love" (From the end of EP 7), so Yasu doesn't know his/her gender basically.

Offline hyperknees91

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni + Chiru
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 06:21:44 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah it was ambiguous. However I assumed that it would be easier for a male to put on a pair a breasts (as Shannon) then a girl to tie them down (as Lion/Kanon). Though I guess it's possible he/she has no breasts. Also I wasn't sure why the author didn't want to reveal this information, if she/he was in fact a female I would assume he would do so and there would be little problem. However Beatrice actually being male and being romanced by Battler/George might lead to some awkward feelings amongst fans possibly so he chose to left it ambiguous. Either that or he wanted the Kanon/Shannon question to linger.

Also Natsuhi refers to him/her as the "Man from 19 years ago". I'm not sure if Natsuhi knew the babies gender due to neglect though but I find that doubtful.

Though I guess that one's up for speculation really and it could go either way.

Edit:

And done. Well the ending was quite...depressing or not so depressing depending on how you look at it. I'm glad it didn't really pull key magic on me as I was kind of afraid of that. The game was good stuff, but it was superbly long and I'll probably never consider reading it again simply because of that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:17:03 PM by hyperknees91 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up