Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 13, 2017, 08:09:47 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Explain your NHRV user name  (Read 9477 times)

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

Re: Explain your NHRV user name
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
I became obsessed with cynical Internet critics during college and as a result, grew to love picking apart things I liked (didn't get into picking apart things I didn't like until much later), hence the name. I used to go under Flawnalyst (combination of Flaw and Analyst), but the name was hard to pronounce and looked stupid, so I changed it during the weeks when I picked Guilty Crown apart. The Mr. was added so that if I ever get accused of being a troll, at least I'd be a professional-sounding one.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
See, I knew there were reasons we could get along so well.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline samui

• The Fudanshi Scholar
    • samui26's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @samuiyoru07

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »
I chose this username because I am a typical cold and distant megane boy who borders on being a shut-in if not for the need of employment.
I am not sure if good animes are getting fewer these days or my taste has gone numb because most of what I watch recently look the same.

Oh, another shameless plug. Here's my blog: http://samui26.wordpress.com

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »
I became obsessed with cynical Internet critics during college and as a result, grew to love picking apart things I liked (didn't get into picking apart things I didn't like until much later), hence the name. I used to go under Flawnalyst (combination of Flaw and Analyst), but the name was hard to pronounce and looked stupid, so I changed it during the weeks when I picked Guilty Crown apart.

Shame you didn't keep it. Had you and became a therapist, you could have become the world's only flawnalrapist.

Offline AHideyo

• AHideyo's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Steam Community :: Hideyo

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 02:06:42 AM »
My nihonreview username is an initial of my real name, kind of boring I know.

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 04:30:13 AM »
I became obsessed with cynical Internet critics during college and as a result, grew to love picking apart things I liked (didn't get into picking apart things I didn't like until much later), hence the name. I used to go under Flawnalyst (combination of Flaw and Analyst), but the name was hard to pronounce and looked stupid, so I changed it during the weeks when I picked Guilty Crown apart.

Shame you didn't keep it. Had you and became a therapist, you could have become the world's only flawnalrapist.

I'll glady pass on that distinct honor.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline Equilibrium

• Background character

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 05:57:42 AM »
I just how the word Equilibrium is typed on the keyboard:D It feels just so satisfying to type it Equilibriumequilibriumequilibriumequilibrium. Been using this nick for ages:D

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »

I'll glady pass on that distinct honor.

Well when you change you're mind, just knock on this moderator's door.

I suppose though I should explain my own. The name Kavik Ryx comes from my more Gundam obsessed days when I thought up what would be an awesome name for a Char clone, something which sounded both sinister yet mysterious. The name is also coincidentally the name of a remote place in Alaska, which is about as far from humanity that I sometimes desire to be.

Offline Sidenote

• Troll

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
I'm an aspiring piano composer and arranger (arranging mostly anime and movie soundtracks; anipiano, if you're familiar with it), but I have yet to become as skilled as others in my field. When I graduated highschool, I had to record some of my works for a senior project. Unfortunately, the recording material was broken, so I 'presented' the crud on youtube as a Sidenote, while performing my main work at a concert.
Hunter X Hunter really isn't that good, guys....

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
I can't speak German very well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up