Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 17, 2017, 03:08:19 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokémon X and Y  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

Re: Pokémon X and Y
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 07:05:14 AM »
Definitely go for the EVs in defense, I mean, it's Aggron's largest base. And now that we have mega-Aggron, there's no excuse not to EV train it in defense.

Did the damage modifier formula change significantly from IV/V to VI? Because otherwise I'd imagine you'd want those EVs in HP instead.

Smogon, y u no have defense set Aggron?

Quad-weaknesses to two highly prolific attacking types that can each hit five other types for super-effective damage as well as no great support/setup moves and the fact that you'd probably be better off using Registeel probably render any defensive attempts futile.

Even then, Mega Aggron can take 6 earthquakes when properly trained, properly IV'd, and properly natured. That is freaking insane.
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 12:14:01 AM »
Also, I do quite believe ImperialX would be very disappointed with my general message on the friend code's page.

I never said it was a Friend Codes thread. ._.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:27 AM »
Also, I do quite believe ImperialX would be very disappointed with my general message on the friend code's page.

I never said it was a Friend Codes thread. ._.
Did I imply that it was? I just said that if you happened to run into it... Also, get online so I can meet your third Pokemon or something.

Nonetheless, the game is fairly solid. The story isn't good, at all, of course, but that's just because it's Pokemon.
By the way, there's a Looker sideplot, which is also pretty bad.

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
^Yeah, I think the story is one of the worst they've had. I never really bother looking into them too much, mostly because most of the reason I play Pokemon is for the post-game stuff, but this storyline stuck out to me as particularly bad. Still, I enjoy the new features. Mega evolution is pretty awesome, and I'm glad that they finally added another type to counter dragons.

What are people raising right now? I've EV trained a Gardevoir, Abomosnow, and Mawile so far, and I just started super training a Noibat. It's kind of hard to decide what to train since tiers haven't been established yet, but in a way that kind of makes it more fun.

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »
Every character in the game was forgetful except for Tierno.  I think everyone was spoiled storywise by the Blacks and Whites storylines.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 06:29:05 AM »
Tierno? Who was that again?

Offline Funky Dealer

• Take the don'ts
    • Funky_Dealer's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Man, I hate the Pokemon bug I have. I rarely make it past half of the game before I lost all interest, and the Steam sale doesn't help. Hope I can get into EV stuff post-game.

I think everyone was spoiled storywise by the Blacks and Whites storylines.

That's what I think, too. Honestly, I kind of liked the feel to BW more... it felt more new. Though the new customization and options in XY are really nice, I have to say.

Tierno? Who was that again?

Fat dude that loves dancing. Still manages to differentiate himself from every other friend.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
^Yeah, I think the story is one of the worst they've had. I never really bother looking into them too much, mostly because most of the reason I play Pokemon is for the post-game stuff, but this storyline stuck out to me as particularly bad. Still, I enjoy the new features. Mega evolution is pretty awesome, and I'm glad that they finally added another type to counter dragons.

What are people raising right now? I've EV trained a Gardevoir, Abomosnow, and Mawile so far, and I just started super training a Noibat. It's kind of hard to decide what to train since tiers haven't been established yet, but in a way that kind of makes it more fun.

Plus, IV breeding is now a must, this generation, since you can hit 5 out of 6 IVs no problem. I've got 3 perfect couples right now, Aron, Mawile, and Larvitar. I'm working on Speed Boost Torchic right now. But this is kind of a problem because my 3DS is kind of broke and turns off automatically whenever I attempt to open it more than halfway. Warranty is gone, so I have to pay a pretty penny to get it fixed. Which means I have to watch anime all week instead. Which sucks. =/.

Plus, how did Tierno make himself memorable? He barely did anything.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »
The OST is now available on iTunes. Everyone should buy it at this price. It's a great deal even if it's just for the Pokemon Origin tracks.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »
Just in: Diggersby OP.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
Just in: Diggersby OP.

Yes, yes. The Diggersby meme has overstayed its welcome.

Offline The Big Guy

• Peasant-Chan

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
On the off chance people still look at this thread:

3DS name: Nom (I don't know either...)
Friend Code: 2148-8340-2376
I'm so awesome, I have my own TV Tropes page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBigGuy.

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
I'm dying in the wait for Pokemon Bank. I have a ton of legendaries I'm waiting to transfer. Anyone want to have an underused battle when it finally comes out? I tend toward the underused tier. I don't really like overpowered Pokemon.

Offline HirakuNoShadow

• Viewer
    • monokurodays's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @monokurodays

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
Hmm looks like this thread somehow fell under my radar - I'll be up for some casual 6v6 singles competitive battling, Smogon style.

3DS Name: Joonie
IGN: Hiraku
Friend Code: 0920-0413-1623
Friend Safari Type: Fighting - Pancham | Mankey | Breloom

Add away y'all :V

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 03:01:27 PM »
Added you, Hiraku. Here's my info:

3DS Name: Greg
IGN: 22
Friend code: 3883 5779 0236

I have Eevee in my friend safari, so if you need me to come online to get some hidden ability Eevee let me know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up