Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 08:42:09 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokémon X and Y  (Read 7481 times)

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

Pokémon X and Y
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:54:46 PM »

I didn't actually think this would be relevant to the NHRV forums until I accidentally read on MyAnimeList that Kiniest has the game. That made me curious - does anyone else here have it? If no one does this thread can die in peace. If more people have it...then more Friend Safaris for everyone, and that's a great thing. And does anyone here competitively battle/breed? I've been doing so for a few years now. It's insanely time consuming but intensely rewarding.

I'll start things off:

3DS Name: いちめい
IGN: Ming
Friend Code: 0662-3369-8305
Friend Safari Type: Ghost

Remember to add everyone in the thread!

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

Re: Pokémon X and Y
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
I am down with the pokemans. Haven't beaten the game yet and thus haven't put any thought into what I can do online.  Sorry on that regard.

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
3DS Name: Greg
IGN: 22
Friend code: 3883 5779 0236
Not sure of my friend safari type.

I'll add you! I train competitively, but I don't really have a party yet since they aren't letting you transfer Pokemon until December. Would definitely love to battle once I get a good team set (probably in a week or two). I'm loving the fact that EV training has become so much easier.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
I am down with the pokemans. Haven't beaten the game yet and thus haven't put any thought into what I can do online.  Sorry on that regard.

Online plays a huge part in Pokemon X/Y. Even before you finish the game, simply by having friends you can get access to O-Powers that speed up your training process. Just post your code here anyway!

Not sure of my friend safari type.

I'll add you! I train competitively, but I don't really have a party yet since they aren't letting you transfer Pokemon until December. Would definitely love to battle once I get a good team set (probably in a week or two). I'm loving the fact that EV training has become so much easier.

I'll tell you what your type is once I get home tonight and add you. You have to have me added as well for me to check!

You don't need to wait till the transfer before you can get a competitive team. Once you finish the Elite Four, you get access to Friend Safari where all the Pokemon you catch (including Dittos) always have at least two IVs of 31. There is now Destiny Knot too which guarantees passing down five IVs from one parent. Plus the fact that EV training is so much easier, who needs transferring from the previous gen? Most good Pokemon in this generation's meta are the new Pokemon anyway.

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »
I've beaten the game, and I have gotten quite a few friend safari options, but none so far have really produced pokemon that would be worthwhile to raise. I'm definitely going to use the destiny knot. Yeah, there are a lot of great pokemon to breed in this game, but I guess I wish that I could bring in some of my old ones in part for sentimental value but also because that would save me a lot of time in terms of having a competitive team ready. I'm trying to raise a Mawile right now but I can tell I'm at least going to have to spend another two or three hours getting it prepared for battle.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:42:26 AM »
I've beaten the game, and I have gotten quite a few friend safari options, but none so far have really produced pokemon that would be worthwhile to raise. I'm definitely going to use the destiny knot. Yeah, there are a lot of great pokemon to breed in this game, but I guess I wish that I could bring in some of my old ones in part for sentimental value but also because that would save me a lot of time in terms of having a competitive team ready. I'm trying to raise a Mawile right now but I can tell I'm at least going to have to spend another two or three hours getting it prepared for battle.

A lot of the OU Pokemon in Gen V are no longer viable in Gen VI. Even those that are still viable often need to be re-bred for different movesets. Just approach this game with a fresh mindset. :)

Anyway, I have added you. Your Friend Safari type is Normal, and the Pokemon that can be found on your Friend Safari are Teddiursa and Kecleon.

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »
I didn't actually think this would be relevant to the NHRV forums until I accidentally read on MyAnimeList that Kiniest has the game. That made me curious - does anyone else here have it? If no one does this thread can die in peace. If more people have it...then more Friend Safaris for everyone, and that's a great thing. And does anyone here competitively battle/breed? I've been doing so for a few years now. It's insanely time consuming but intensely rewarding.
And I accidentally found this thread.
Looks like my friend code is 0559-6857-2951.
I'd say something witty about the game, but I'm sick and don't feel like it.
I'll try to add everyone. My safari type is a surprise. To me, as well, as I do not yet know it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:14:44 PM by Kiniest »
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
My safari type is a surprise. To me, as well, as I do not yet know it.

Your Friend Safari type is Fighting.

Offline Funky Dealer

• Take the don'ts
    • Funky_Dealer's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
Name: Mike
IGN: Mike (original, aren't I?)
FC: 4124-5021-2979

Added everyone in the thread.

I'm still at three badges because either I'm slow or the game is. Or both. So I also don't know about my Friend Safari type yet. I haven't bothered to dedicate so much time to EV training and whatnot to try competitive battling before, but they really do make it incredibly easy here, so maybe I'll dive in when I'm all settled.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
I'm going to be EVing an Aggron here, my own personal style. Anyone going to be up for a level 50's 3 battle later? This is probably the most casual post I've ever posted in Nihon Review, but why the hell not.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »
I had an Aggron in Gen4. I had it max EV-trained in attack and defense, it's nature was lonely, ability was Rock Head and it had Head Smash bred into it through it's father: a Rampardos.

I used it as my Surfing Pokemon. Everyone should teach their Aggron Surf at least once just for lulz.

Offline Kiniest

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
I had an Aggron in Gen4. I had it max EV-trained in attack and defense, it's nature was lonely, ability was Rock Head and it had Head Smash bred into it through it's father: a Rampardos.

I used it as my Surfing Pokemon. Everyone should teach their Aggron Surf at least once just for lulz.
Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed in you, Pebble.

Trolling aside, never actually knew you could teach Aggron surf. That would be helpful if it weren't for the fact surf is particular to special attack, an attribute Aggron simply does not have mastery over. Definitely go for the EVs in defense, I mean, it's Aggron's largest base. And now that we have mega-Aggron, there's no excuse not to EV train it in defense. Smogon, y u no have defense set Aggron?

Also, I do quite believe ImperialX would be very disappointed with my general message on the friend code's page.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:49:25 PM by Kiniest »

Offline Delphinox

• The Only Hero That Ever Dies

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »
Definitely go for the EVs in defense, I mean, it's Aggron's largest base. And now that we have mega-Aggron, there's no excuse not to EV train it in defense.

Did the damage modifier formula change significantly from IV/V to VI? Because otherwise I'd imagine you'd want those EVs in HP instead.

Smogon, y u no have defense set Aggron?

Quad-weaknesses to two highly prolific attacking types that can each hit five other types for super-effective damage as well as no great support/setup moves and the fact that you'd probably be better off using Registeel probably render any defensive attempts futile.

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 11:05:55 PM »
But, Aggron can transform into Super Mega Ultra Deluxe Aggron which makes all super effective moves like...25% less effective.

Offline Delphinox

• The Only Hero That Ever Dies

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 11:46:30 PM »
I could have sworn Kiniest was referring to Gen IV Aggron and not Mega Aggron, since it's way too early for Smogon to have anything concrete up on Gen VI tiers and movesets. Whoops, that's on me if I was mistaken; I really need to get with the times.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up