Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 02:57:45 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: Yokozawa Takufumi no Bai  (Read 696 times)

Offline hyperknees91

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: Yokozawa Takufumi no Bai
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
So this was a 45 minute movie based on the Yaoi anime that my girlfriend forced me to watch with her. Actually there is no sexual content whatsoever in it so it's actually pretty harmless to watch.

Overall I felt the movie was well paced, characters were decently likable and the relationship was reasonably fun. Even though I hadn't watched the show I felt like it did a good job of explaining things without becoming burdensome or leaving me scratching my head. Though obviously for people who like this stuff as their are a few fangirl squeal moments, but nothing overly offensive and at least its self aware. Felt like the male lead was pretty likable overall though even if he was pretty much a tsundere.

Offline Yggberry

• どうぞよろしくお願いします

Re: Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: Yokozawa Takufumi no Bai
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:21:46 PM »
Oh please, you don't need to come up with the "my girlfriend made me watch it" excuse just because it is yaoi. If it wasn't for me, this place would be a homophobic sanctuary. It is almost the end of this season and I still don't see Love Stage!! even being listed here. Of course I am way too busy with school to start a thread myself. But then again, I know I'll just be talking to myself the entire time on the thread about coupling. What is the fun in that?

Anyways, as for the movie, it was okay. Yokozawa was kind of fun to watch this time around. I have to admit that I have a soft side for a tsundere uke. At the beginning I had mixed feelings because he was portrait as the "other" guy in the TV series. I didn't really read the manga for this one because I didn't really like the style of Nakamura. Her manga likes to mix and match random pairs like the megaball lottery. You will never guess who she is going to match next but for sure there will be a dozen pairs at the end of her series. I like to focus one pairing and stay that way. Nevertheless, I am old enough to starting to want something more raw, in which, this toned down movie kind of disappointed me. The ending with Tori and Yoshino was kind of fun though. Watching one guy tossing another guy in bed to claim him kind of gave me a moment to squeal.

Other than that, I really enjoyed what this season has tossed at me. There are more harem and yaoi series than the past year's season combined! What I really want is a high school themed yaoi anime series. I kind think of a dozen yaoi manga that can be picked up for it. But with all the conservative views in Japan, I don't think that will happen this decade.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
Well actually I watched a bit of Junjou and Sekai Ichi on my own (for some reason I didn't watch more, probably because I knew the whole story wasn't going to be finished or animated). Though this movie she kinda bugged me to watch, but thankfully it was a complete story on its own.

You won't find much homophobia with me as I've been introduced to it since early clamp manga since I was a kid haha (KuroganexFai forever). So basically you want the shounen ai version of Sakura trick or something?

Anyway I usually prefer a more focused pairing as well which is probably another reason I steered away from it. Though I play visual novels so I guess I get plenty of fill for that in regards to romance these days and when I watch anime or read manga I usually am not looking for it as often. Shounen Ai is interesting from time to time because the relationships do usually play out quite a bit differently in subtle ways then a typical straight relationship. Though of course being straight, I'm not as interested in yaoi but a decent romance is still nice to see.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:57:56 PM by hyperknees91 »

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »
Quote from: Yggberry
Oh please, you don't need to come up with the "my girlfriend made me watch it" excuse just because it is yaoi

No, but it helps!
I'm just like you, only smarterô.
Pages: [1]   Go Up