Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 13, 2017, 03:54:37 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA  (Read 22073 times)

Offline MCAL

Re: Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
Drei 7:
Now THIS was funny.

Offline MCAL

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
Drei 8:
The fight between Illya-Bear and Rin/Luvia was pretty boring, but it definitely picked up once Angelica entered the scene.

And the Fate parallels continue...

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2016, 12:00:20 AM »
8:

While the bear antics were pretty fun, I still don't care that these ****ers are the supposed good guys of this world.  They're trying to wax philosophical using the ends to justify the means, but at the end of the day their methods are heinous.  You can put lipstick on a pig if you want, but it's still a pig, no matter how much you insist it is Marylin Monroe.

I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Online Gadget

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2016, 12:49:50 AM »
The Ainsworth may be using ends to justify the means, but they are not repentance about it. Even in Gintama, Gintoki was plaque with guilt for killing his master just to save his fellow student. The means does justify the ends, but he paid the price in guilt. None seen from the Ainsworth.

And Tanaka will be some deus ex machina.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2016, 09:44:38 PM »
The ends not justifying the means is a moral and ethical implication.  If you have guilt, then the ends didn't justify the means.  If you recognize your means were horrible and terrible, then you're not justifying yourself.

The Ainsworths have no apologies for what they're doing, because they're convinced they're right, which is what a lot of people without an opposing perspective believe.  It is what leads people to make horrible decisions.  Having someone question your means allows you to understand the consequences of your actions.

Illya is going to be that question, because she's he show's heroine.  Somehow, she's going to be more morally justified and will somehow save Miyu and their world using a totally different means the Ainsworths were blind to, because of their single minded devotion.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2016, 01:20:17 PM »
9:

Somehow, she's going to be more morally justified and will somehow save Miyu and their world using a totally different means the Ainsworths were blind to, because of their single minded devotion.

Uh huh.

Offline MCAL

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:04 PM »
Drei 9:
Poor Erica is really going to need intense therapy sessions when this is all over methinks.

Online Gadget

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
Drei 9:
Poor Erica is really going to need intense therapy sessions when this is all over methinks.

I do not agree with you. She is ok. Her upbringing is normal.(Using Erica logic.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up