Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 17, 2017, 06:13:50 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G  (Read 3080 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »
6:

Building up a huge cliffhanger, only to be resolved within 5 minutes in this episode.

BRAVO.

Offline SQA

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
6:

Building up a huge cliffhanger, only to be resolved within 5 minutes in this episode.

BRAVO.

That's so... Symphogear. :)

Offline KS

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
6:

BRAVO.

Ever watch After War Gundam X?  That show was the king of building up these epic looking cliffhangers at the end of each episode only for it to usually be resolved literally within seconds of the next episode starting.  My favorite is still when they made it look like the capital ship most of the main characters on was going to get smoked by this huge beam fired directly at it only for it to make a last second evasion maneuver within 30 seconds of the next episode starting.

Anyway Hibiki kind of owns this season.  Way to just tank losing your arm like a......man?

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
9:

Symphogear is such that I didn't ever think that Miku was dead. As that hilarious end to the first season showed us, characters are pretty much invincible.

That's all fine and good, but what got me was the TRAINING MONTAGE. When the music started and it started, I ****ing lost my shit and burst into laughter for about half a minute. Probably one of the funniest moments of the year for me. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who would find that funny, let alone as hilarious as I did, but oh well.

The pot developments are getting more convoluted rather than ridiculous which is a pity, but Miku getting a Symphogear is something I was hoping for, unless it makes them do more melodrama, which frankly Symphogear is terrible at.

Come on, end this on the highest of highs.

Offline KS

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
9:

Symphogear is such that I didn't ever think that Miku was dead. As that hilarious end to the first season showed us, characters are pretty much invincible.

That's all fine and good, but what got me was the TRAINING MONTAGE. When the music started and it started, I ****ing lost my shit and burst into laughter for about half a minute. Probably one of the funniest moments of the year for me. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who would find that funny, let alone as hilarious as I did, but oh well.

The pot developments are getting more convoluted rather than ridiculous which is a pity, but Miku getting a Symphogear is something I was hoping for, unless it makes them do more melodrama, which frankly Symphogear is terrible at.

Come on, end this on the highest of highs.

Yeah I don't even bother know why they bothered with that cliffhanger.  If the thing that is supposed to be a suicide attack doesn't ever kill the cast members then a tower exploding at the end of an episode isn't either.  The script for this has been losing steam pretty much since it became blindingly obvious that the Dr. Ver guy is the main antagonist, which they seem to have to keep reminding us of by having him basically bug out and have audible nervous breakdowns every time he's on the camera.  Talk about your low rent black evil one dimensional villains.  I can also barely follow the plot developments anymore after the first half or so of the show was able to pretty consistently string together an on going chain of events over the course of several episodes so who even really knows what's going on.  I feel like this show has kind of reverted back to how it was in the first season with just really lame melodrama (which as you point out the show is really bloody terrible at) and incomprehensible babble about findings relics and stopping Fine. 

Oh well, it's probably cause I've always felt this show is at it's best when it's just being a goofy girls in powered armor punch, cut and shoot things while singing image songs (these are the parts that slay me the most) of questionable quality.

Also Symphogears for everyone.  Now they obviously just need to give one to that one schoolgirl friend of there's that keeps telling the same joke about how everything keeps happening like in her animes again.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
Yeah I don't even bother know why they bothered with that cliffhanger.  If the thing that is supposed to be a suicide attack doesn't ever kill the cast members then a tower exploding at the end of an episode isn't either.

Well, in a way that's just so so typical of Symphogear that I find it kinda endearing.

The script for this has been losing steam pretty much since it became blindingly obvious that the Dr. Ver guy is the main antagonist, which they seem to have to keep reminding us of by having him basically bug out and have audible nervous breakdowns every time he's on the camera. Talk about your low rent black evil one dimensional villains. I can also barely follow the plot developments anymore after the first half or so of the show was able to pretty consistently string together an on going chain of events over the course of several episodes so who even really knows what's going on. I feel like this show has kind of reverted back to how it was in the first season with just really lame melodrama (which as you point out the show is really bloody terrible at) and incomprehensible babble about findings relics and stopping Fine.

I don't mind the villians being one dimensional or the plot being utterly retarded, because it's usually entertaining because of how stupid it is, it's just when they try for drama that it drags and goes into the "it's so bad it's bad" territory. I would like the plot to be more ridiculous and less convoluted as well, but I reckon there is plenty of time and potential for it to do so.

Also Symphogears for everyone.  Now they obviously just need to give one to that one schoolgirl friend of there's that keeps telling the same joke about how everything keeps happening like in her animes again.

Give a symphogear to "If this were an anime" failed-meta joke girl? What power would she get? Maybe she could destroy reality.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 06:19:23 AM »
9:

First, the Rocky scene.

Then, the T2 Judgment Day scene ("Come with me if you want to live?" I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE)

And finally, the melodrama after all that.

OH THE AMOUNT OF CHEESE IS OVER 9000

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »
13:

The final episode finally came out after FOREVER. **** my self entitlement, where were you subbers!

It was a chessy, goofy, nonsensical, stupid and cop out ending. That's why I love Symphogear.

As a whole I would rate the series either 5 or 6. Yeh that's high, but I got a lot of amusement out of this, more so than most of the anime I'd call a 5, and that montage was the hardest I laughed for a long long time. There is and always shall be a small place in my heart for the anime that fails so hard but is incredibly endearing in doing so.

Offline SQA

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
Be prepared, Symphogear is now officially a franchise!  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-14/senki-zessho-symphogear-anime-gets-3rd-season

All this from a series without enough budget to animate walking for most of Season 1.   Otaku-dom is weird.   But that's just so... Symphogear.

Offline SQA

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:41 AM »
Considering we haven't really talked about any of the Symphogear series since...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-03/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-september-25-october-1/.122203

The 4th seasons sold 16k BluRays. The Limited Edition includes a CD, ticket to a cast chat and raffle entry for a March 3rd concert.  So, it has added valued.

However, I think Symphogear is the series to look for in Branding & Marketing getting the absolute most out of the source material. It now has a clear & dedicated fan base.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up