Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 07:35:06 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rewrite  (Read 10307 times)

Offline thanosmat

Re: Rewrite
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 01:27:52 PM »
So, then, the general anime populace has been saying that Rewrite is better than any other key game. This puts it in front of Air, Clannad, Planetation, and Little Busters.

Support/Deny/Qualify this.

I agree with this. For me, Romeo Tanaka is a writer miles better than Jun Maeda. Bur Rewrite is not his best work.

Tanaka is the writer of Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. I often say that Rewrite is Jinrui with a more serious plot. There are many similarities between them on the general themes.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:33:33 PM by thanosmat »

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 05:09:17 PM »
Cross Channel is his best work by far (if you ask me).

Clannad and Little busters could have been better...if they didn't have some of the worst endings in visual novel land. I actually like Yuichi the most out of all the key MC's though (I blame sugita for this).

The best visual novel main characters are Okabe, Kenichi (sharin no kuni), Kurosu (Cross Channel), Takeru and Shiro if you ask me.

Though in the majority of visual novels the main character tends to be the weakest link unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:17:28 PM by hyperknees91 »

Offline MCAL

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
So, then, the general anime populace has been saying that Rewrite is better than any other key game. This puts it in front of Air, Clannad, Planetation, and Little Busters.

I don't think the general populace would agree, but I would. Contains my favorite heroine route out of all Key VNs (Lucia). The ending (By this I mean the ending for the true route) was anti-climatic and underwhelming, that's true, but I still liked it, because the ending (unlike in say Little Busters) was earned and didn't feel too contrived. And I thought the comedy was drop dead hilarious.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:29:22 PM by MCAL »

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Bluuuuh! All this hinting at stuff towards Little Busters and I'm only 4 routes in. q-q.

Anyways, I AM planning to buy Rewrite soon enough, but I'm simply not sure if I would like it or not. Don't see why not, just... I get a bit of a different feeling when I look at this game compared to other KEY games. Will this one even get an anime adaptation?
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline thanosmat

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
Cross Channel is his best work by far (if you ask me).

Clannad and Little busters could have been better...if they didn't have some of the worst endings in visual novel land. I actually like Yuichi the most out of all the key MC's though (I blame sugita for this).

The best visual novel main characters are Okabe, Kenichi (sharin no kuni), Kurosu (Cross Channel), Takeru and Shiro if you ask me.

Though in the majority of visual novels the main character tends to be the weakest link unfortunately.

In VN community, his best work usually is Saihate No Ima. But unfortunately has no english translation. Some people say it is impossible a satisfactory translation for this VN.

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
Bummmmmer. I really hope we get a translation regardless because I'm not too picky on perfect adaption.

Rewrite would be a terrible VN to adapt. Like I don't see it being possible for it to be adapted properly.

It's too long and the budget would need to be a lot higher than other key animations. Also the format it's presented in is just awful for an anime adaption.

Offline MCAL

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
I think this has been said before. The only way a anime adaption would work if it was in ominbus form. And while it's never been perfect, I can see a decent director and writer pulling it off. It needs about five cours though.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 12:10:26 AM »

I completely deny this. Rewrite is not as satisfying as Little Busters! and Clannad. However, it is definitely a much deeper work and makes KEY's prior VNs seem like child's play.

I don't think the general populace would agree, but I would. Contains my favorite heroine route out of all Key VNs (Lucia).

I don't consider Lucia a KEY heroine. She was penned entirely by Ryukishi, and that's why her route was so different (and better) than everyone else's.

In VN community, his best work usually is Saihate No Ima. But unfortunately has no english translation. Some people say it is impossible a satisfactory translation for this VN.

I have played Saihate no Ima and I agree. You cannot possibly translate this work before breaking down at the thought of tearing apart Tanaka Romeo's exquisitely beautiful words with your bare hands. You would feel too guilty and give up.

Cross Channel's translation already doesn't do it enough justice. I cannot congratulate Ixrec enough for his efforts, but he knows himself that the translation doesn't show off how great the writing truly is. However I really don't think anyone could have done a better job. There are limitations with the English language when it comes to translating truly masterful writing.

Ixrec has expressed desire at translating Saihate no Ima, but he hasn't gotten started yet. He's tried a few times but it's just too difficult.

Offline thanosmat

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
Angel Beats VN will be launched in 2014 spring  and in various parts due to size.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18923.html

Offline Kiniest

• Kiniest's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Kiniest1 using Skype

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
Angel Beats VN will be launched in 2014 spring  and in various parts due to size.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18923.html

That makes it so it won't go TOO fast, then. Let's just hope they can pull this one off.
harvey beaks is the best anime

Offline hyperknees91

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »

I don't think the general populace would agree, but I would. Contains my favorite heroine route out of all Key VNs (Lucia). The ending (By this I mean the ending for the true route) was anti-climatic and underwhelming, that's true, but I still liked it, because the ending (unlike in say Little Busters) was earned and didn't feel too contrived. And I thought the comedy was drop dead hilarious.

*just realized we already talked about the stuff I mentioned hah*

But yeah in terms of key works the populace will never change their opinion on Clannad being top dog. 

For me it's LB > Kanon > Rewrite > Clannad > Air. I can forgive LB! for it's ending a little more than Clannad (which pretty much ruined the entire story).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:19:44 PM by hyperknees91 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up