Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 19, 2017, 09:34:15 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kyousougiga  (Read 10792 times)

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Kyousougiga
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2014, 07:00:07 AM »
Tempest and Psycho Pass match Kyousogiga IMO, with Zetsuen being a shade better. A couple arcs in Monogatari SS surpass it.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Pebble

• Formerly a filthy Kokonoe user
    • Pebble-Runover's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2014, 07:43:46 AM »
Tempest and Psycho Pass match Kyousogiga IMO, with Zetsuen being a shade better. A couple arcs in Monogatari SS surpass it.

Psychopass isn't impressing much so far, and Tempest's worldbuilding puts me off even though I love the story and visuals. I'm pessimistic about Monogatari because everyone said Bake was the greatest anime ever and I just didn't get it. In any case, this is hardly the thread for that...

...unless you want to point out how this last episode borrowed from Monogatari's visual style in places(case in point: Koto's conversation with her Grandfather). I'll be honest, if this marks the beginning of a trend, I am very happy about it. More shows need to follow in Monogatari's footsteps as far as visuals are concerned.

So far, we have Kyousougiga and (according to some) Kyoukai no Kanata that try this cool-over-realistic visual style. This is one thing I want to see get shamelessly ripped off.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2014, 08:11:23 AM »
Psycho Pass only starts being good around episode 6, then around episode 10 it straps itself to a rocket and just takes off wonderfully.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline KS

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »

Tempest and Psycho Pass are give or both two cour and highly consistent throughout.  This show was really only special for that whole siblings arc as far as I'm concerned and then the 4 or so episodes were just kind of weird.  Action packed but kind of weird and emotionally lacking.  I really and truly think this show was overall quite good but it's not really best of the year material for me now on account of those middling final episodes.  If the show had finished the way it started though we might have still been having that conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up