Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 18, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anne of Japan documentary  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Anne Of Japan

• @anneofjapan

Anne of Japan documentary
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Hi there,

I have a documentary project called "Anne of Japan" which is competing for development and funds on this website: http://www.connectthedocs.ca/vote/

The project with the most number of votes by midnight on April 12 "wins". If you don't mind clicking the "vote" button and help propel "Anne of Japan" to victory, it would help the documentary become a reality. Don't be shy asking your friends to vote, too. Anyone with an email address can vote, and every vote counts. The power of Anne compels you.

Spread this around on your social media, if you can, too, please. My objective is to go to Japan and interview people on the subject of Anne of Green Gables.

You can also check for updates on the Twitter and Facebook pages.

https://twitter.com/anneofjapan

https://www.facebook.com/AnneOfJapan

Thank you.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Anne of Japan documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Normally I would frown upon and immediately delete drive by spam advertising, but this is at least somewhat related material.  I'll let the community decide whether your cause is valid enough to allow this to remain.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Kaikyaku

• Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »
I have to admit I was curious, since I loved the Anne anime so much. (Go watch it!)

The post is not very clear, but apparently it's a documentary that examines why Anne of Green Gables is so popular in Japan. An interesting subject, but one that has, I think, been looked at before.

Offline Anne Of Japan

• @anneofjapan

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
Hi. I thought the most appropriate place to post was in Miscellaneous for that reason and am sensitive to shamelessly promoting a project on someone else's community.

If it's too spammy, that's okay. But I am making this documentary, and am eager to engage people who are interested in supporting the documentary.

Obviously, I'll be covering the impact of the 1979 anime version of "Akage no an" on increasing the reputation of Anne of Green Gables in Japanese culture, so if anyone's got any insights regarding that, I'd be happy to discuss.

Also, I'm grew up on Prince Edward Island (so I'm legit!).

Offline Anne Of Japan

• @anneofjapan

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
An interesting subject, but one that has, I think, been looked at before.

Actually, could you elaborate on that? Do you mean in Japanese media? I'm aware of a few news reports, and there are some Japanese scholars who have written about Anne, but I'm not really aware of any other general interest documentary that has covered this subject.

Offline Kaikyaku

• Reviewer

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
I can't recall exactly, but when I was writing my review I remember reading a few different articles about Anne being popular in Japan. I haven't seen any documentary though.

If you haven't already (though you probably have) I would recommend watching the NHK documentary Journey of the Heart in which Takahata travels to Prince Edward Island and talks about creating the Anne anime.

The anime is so beautifully done. I was so impressed by it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up