Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 12:55:03 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dramatical Murder  (Read 977 times)

Offline hyperknees91

Dramatical Murder
« on: July 06, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
1: My gf being a fan of the visual novel forced me to watch it with her. The animation seems pretty subpar outside of those cool 3d bits. Obviously based on a visual novel its going to seem a little rushed in comparison but I still think its going a bit too fast and not really explaining things too well. Not sure if I will continue this show really (according to her the first 4 hours were covered in 20 minutes lawl).

As a plus the main character doesn't seem too bad as far as shounen ai male leads go.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: Dramatical Murder
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »
1:

I have no idea what's going on, but this is ultra stylish. The visuals alone are worth the price of admission; the soundtrack really adds to the atmosphere, and there's the possibility that this mystery will be interesting. Good start.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline hayama

• Reviewer

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
1: Was kind of excited to see this since it's based on a BL visual novel, but the first episode wasn't really convincing. The characters were mostly pretty flat, and so many were introduced at once without really being given much background, which I guess is part of the nature of a visual novel. There was a lot of information to take in, which made it hard to follow at times. The episode was kind of boring for me, but the plot interested me enough to give it three episodes. Not really expecting much from this, but if they pull the story together well it could shape up to be something good. Also hoping there is some BL involved in the series.

Offline ShadowpulseKDH

• I Pray For The Downfall Of Others

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 11:08:35 PM »
The only things that have wowed me so far are:

1. The music.  Dear Baby Jesus that was good.  Immediately went to look up more of the music and I am very satisfied.

2. On my hunt for music, I also encountered certain...scenes...from the visual novel.  I was stumbling into this anime blinder  than I ever thought imaginable.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
1:

Huh, I did not get a BL vibe from this first episode, so now that I know that, I'm not sure what to think.

They spent a good part of the episode more or less setting up the different factions, and how our MC is going to straddle the lines between them.  There is also the oh so obvious class warfare thing where the big mega wealthy people who live under that dome thing are treating the people who live outside the dome like second class slumdwellers, which also explains the "mysterious experimentations!".  So, in a nutshell, this is No. 6 again, which... oh god the BL should have been obvious!

The only thing weirding me out is this computer game fighting thingy.  I kind of figured it would be somewhat important, but more as a contrast to the rest of the goings on.  There was an optimal amount of time and discussion amongst the characters spent deriding the thing as stupid, so I figured this was going to be more thug / hooligan street fighting than cyber battles.  Oh well, we'll see where it goes.

However, if the Ho-Yay gets too obnoxious, I'm out of here.  I'm fine with gay themes, but yaoi shit tends to be heavily dipped in standard tropes that I find repugnant at worst and boring at best.  Don't get me wrong, harem shit is just as bad on the hetero side, but at least I can fap to the girls.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
1-5

I still dun understand what's going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up