Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 11:00:19 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider  (Read 13558 times)

Offline Aelms

Re: Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »
11:

Shit, got outplayed one last time before they ended it.

Overall:

I like this show. Apparently, this is only the first volume of a mystery series in Japan so I can hope that they'd adapt more.

Even though the closed room was pretty darn simple, this was definitely a proper mystery puzzle that could be reasoned and solved. I haven't really seen much of these in anime until now so this show ended up being pretty enjoyable for me.

@HuuskerDu and TIF

We'll probably learn more in the later novels since Magata's clearly supposed to be the a main antagonist. I do think its fairly clear that her daughter ended up killing herself, thereby forcing her own intentions in Magata's plan. There's no hint or reason to really think that Magata would kill her daughter if her plan falls apart, which it did when the latter met Moe.

@samui

The pacing isn't really all that slow, especially considering a lot of the supposedly pointless dialogue and expo shots could have been hints for something.

Would watch a second season/10

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
I trust you guys. :)   (And TIF will take the bullet if nobody else does.)

Though I did enjoy cxzcjx's review on MAL, entitled "SUBETE GA F NI NARU DOESN’T GIVE A ****: OH SHALL I COUNT THE WAYS". 
HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline Aelms

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2015, 08:31:21 PM »
Though I did enjoy cxzcjx's review on MAL, entitled "SUBETE GA F NI NARU DOESN’T GIVE A ****: OH SHALL I COUNT THE WAYS". 

This is the best thing ever.

Offline Marid King

• komosha's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2015, 11:02:53 PM »
If there's one thing I'll give to Subete ga F, it's that it made me rethink my rating system a bit. The central idea of how I rate anime out of 10 has always been, 5/10 = "it's 50-50 on whether or not I want to watch this". Anything I drop automatically falls somewhere below that, and it saves me the bother of giving a rating. This season was so awful that I have to question whether I'd finish Subete ga F if I had a few other shows to look forward to. I guess every rating I've ever given is relative to the season I watched the anime in.
The only denizen of the Other Place posting on the Nihon Review.

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2015, 04:44:07 AM »

Apparently, this is only the first volume of a mystery series in Japan so I can hope that they'd adapt more.

Actually, this is the third or fourth volume, so there's almost no chance of Magata being a reoccuring character.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline gedata

• gedata's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @https://twitter.com/G3data

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2015, 02:33:48 PM »
"If people could die without pain they wouldn't fear death"
Pfft c'mon. Fear of death has more to do with being afraid of the unknown and the idea of leaving things behind than pain.

Offline HuuskerDu

• Cat-a-tonic

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »
I could write a 10 page rant  just on how sick and screwed-up Mori's philosophy is.  Some of the reviewers at MAL have caught on to his pretentious BS and have shredded it, but a lot of them are lapping it up just like Mr. F said.   (If you care, I am philosophically a neo-Thomist.)   

Let's just hope that Sakurako's ending doesn't lay a squishy wet one as bad as this did.

HuuskerDu at FanFiction.net.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
"If people could die without pain they wouldn't fear death"
Pfft c'mon. Fear of death has more to do with being afraid of the unknown and the idea of leaving things behind than pain.

This is probably my biggest complaint with the show.  The philosophy is presented to us with no challenges.  Instead, we have two characters who apparently think alike, but don't, one of which just accepts all opinions that come his way without feeling a need to question them.  The only person in the show who questions anything is Nishinosono, and she doesn't really offer any kind of logical retorts so much as she just stubbornly refuses to accept what others believe  In this regard, she's viewed not as a philosopher, but a plebeian.  Without a challenge to the way people think, the audience is forced to accept this pretense as fact.  Drives me nuts.
I'm just like you, only smarter™.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up