Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 12:40:23 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jormungand  (Read 16770 times)

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

Re: Jormungand
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 03:23:38 AM »
I did feel the Valmet groping scene was a little much myself, but the rest of the episode was just fantastic. Season 1 was good, but season 2 has taken this series to the next level.

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
18:

I thought the whole "people-organization changing over time" theme is fine and all, but I just have to point out two silly things:

1) Tojo and that guy -- whatever his name was -- were spraying bullets at each other at point blank range... ORLY??

2) Why was Indian-style background music being played when it was Indonesia that Tojo was in?

Offline SQA

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
On #1: This is Jormungand.  They've done this a few times before.  See Jonah vs Orchestra, Valmet vs Chang's group (several times). 

#2: That's all they had in the OST for that short scene? haha

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
22:

I can only clap for what this series has managed to build up to. Hope they manage to ride this to the finish line.

Offline RyuKyotei

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »
23:

I already loved the show for the short adventures, but I could tell they were building up to something by the second time around.  I never imagined this is what they were building up to.  I can't wait to see what they do to finish this show off with a bang. 

Also, it merits mentioning that, in a way, this really is in character with Koko.  I just don't think they mean it this way when they mention someone having a god complex.

Offline Sorrows Neptune

• SN-chan's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Sorrows Neptune using Skype
    • @snepchan
    • Anime Is Dead

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
22:

Of all the times that the characters have called Koko a witch or a demon, this is the first time that she seems genuinely villainous.

Even midway through Perfect Order I was still on the fence for whether I should call this show "good" or simply "okay," but these last few episodes are swaying me towards the former.

Offline Reckoner

• Reviewer

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »
Man I found this image hilarious so I'll share it with you guys.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
WEGs are only funny if they keep things to three images.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »
That was much better than the first season. In the end I would give it a solid 7.

Offline Sorrows Neptune

• SN-chan's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Sorrows Neptune using Skype
    • @snepchan
    • Anime Is Dead

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
24:

A few cheesy moments here and there, like when the characters look up at the sky smiling for no reason as a gust of wind hits them, but otherwise a great ending. I'm hoping we get a sequel of some sort, although this is fine as an ambiguous conclusion.

The Series:

There's a lot of unneeded anime-humor throughout the series (especially the boob jokes,) and the execution was often underwhelming, so for the most part Jormungand has simply been an "okay" series for me. But that final story arc and the way they've built up to it was pretty amazing, so in the end that managed to make me bump up my rating from a weak 6 to a solid 7.

Online AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:02 AM »
Final:

Welp, that's the last 1-cour series for the year. So long, 2012~

--

My thoughts on Jormungand - Perfect Order:

My opinions on the whole Jormungand hasn't really changed since the first season. It's still pretty much the same thing, except that the scale is bigger (which doesn't necessarily mean that the story gets better). There were still a few derpy scenes here and there which the show really could use without, but the main issue with the series is that I was never really engaged with it. I could never really feel the epicness of what Koko has in store, so even if she's planning to change the world, I never felt the same way.

Just like Jormungand, it's a 6/10 for me. Perhaps what I've been looking for in this show is pure grit, something that it lacks since the beginning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up