Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 07:51:21 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chūni-byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!  (Read 17048 times)

Offline SQA

Re: Chūni-byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
Yuuta's seiyuu did Aoi Toori from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.  They're having fun with that, though a lot of the "Horizon" stuff is canon to the LN apparently.

Offline Clicking

• Reviewer
    • Clicking's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with readysetshazam using Skype
    • @ClickinClackin
    • Pretense with Glasses | An anime blog.

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »
2:

This show really carries a lot of flavor with me. Even though some scenes like Yuuta's recording bit can get a bit embarrassing to watch at times, they really strike a chord with me since they're funny as hell and since I can really relate to some of the characters' grievances.

Also, I've been waiting to so KyoAni bring their visual panache to a fight scene, as shallow as that sounds. Like AC said, there's just some sort of visual magic to their studios' name.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »
2:

So, yeah, by this point I don't have a ****ing clue what the point of Chuuni-byou is.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »
So, yeah, by this point I don't have a ****ing clue what the point of Chuuni-byou is.

It's KyoAni being KyoAni, making the best anime every season. Always.

Offline SQA

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
3:

KyoAni mocking Light Music clubs, that's pretty damn funny.

This series doesn't have much of a point, but it's pretty awesome.

Oh, and a wonderful trolling of student by using English.  That was great.  And pretty good pronunciation by Inoue Kikuko as well.

Offline SQA

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »
Having finished Horizon S2 recently, I have this weird mashup of Sanae (from Chuunibyo) and Christopher Hatton (from Horizon) having a "Death!" off.    Either could be exorcised by Tomo, regardless.  Haha.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »
3:

Because in the anime universe, what's important in forming a club is getting 5 members... above the purpose of the club. Seriously, the kind of high school clubs established in anime amazes me so much that I have to wonder if getting 5 members is indeed the only thing you need to form a club in RL.

And this show is becoming more and more like TMoHS. Especially when you have a level-headed guy (well, perhaps a pseudo-level headed guy) who always tags along a girl who isn't really right in the head... and a bunch of other misfits as well.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 07:29:08 AM »
3:

I find this difficult to watch.

This isn't about the quality or anything, it's that I find myself massively sympathizing with people embarrassing themselves, so when the characters embarrass themselves, I find it painful to watch, I want to hide away.

That aside, I do wonder at times whether the characters are too retarded. Ah whatever. I don't have the highest of hopes for this, but perhaps Kyoto Animation will surprise me.

Offline Clicking

• Reviewer
    • @ClickinClackin

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
3:

This show is embarrassing as hell, but in the most delightful way. Watching Rikka's and Sanae's battle scene fade out into the two rolling around on the floor was hilarious.

Offline ImperialX

• けだるげ
  • I used to write about anime. Now I watch anime.
    • ImperialX's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @ImperialX

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »
3:

This is still easily the best show of the season.

Just a side note...some observations:

Nibutani Shinka(丹生谷 森夏)
Mori(森) Natsu(夏) Forest Summer <-> Mage of Summer

My guess is that Nibutani-san wrote the book. She is probably a former sufferer of chuunibyou, and she either wants to erase that book she wrote from existence as to prevent her "idol" image being tarnished, or she genuinely wants real friends who she can relate to. Calling it now.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »
4:

*hands ImperialX an Otherworld cookie*

+

=

Well, since Dekomori, Rikka and Nibutani and even Togashi have something in common, this makes Tsuyuri the odd one because she apparently doesn't suffer the Eight Grader Syndrome. To be honest, it has made me wonder what her agenda is for joining a club that runs no parallel with her interest of napping. Rather than a legit member, she just seems to be a floating member... or a floating character, to be more precise.

And you know what, since having her secret revealed, Nibutani is actually much cuter than when she was just this flawless cheerleader. It's just like the case of Ume in Kimi ni Todoke: flaws makes cute girls cuter, or at least that's how I see it. And what's weird is, in order to get rid of her past, she has to become it. Irony, much.

Offline Clicking

• Reviewer
    • @ClickinClackin

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 12:55:58 AM »
4:

Well, damn. I half-expected this, but I can't help but give a massive round of applause for ImperialX.

Watching Nibutani and Yuuta break down is funny as always, and I'm surprised that they've still managed to keep that joke fresh. Those two are so damn tsundere for chuunibyou, but it never grates. It's going to be pretty interesting to see if Yuuta chooses to pursue Nibutani, someone just as in denial of chuunibyou as he is, or if he'll come to embrace his delusions and chase after Rikka (although I'll be very surprised if they choose the former option).
This is still easily the best show of the season.

Not as long as Jojo's still around, but this is a definite second!

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
4:

It wasn't until the Lite 5 short feature that I think I figured out what the point of this show is.  I mean, just showing us a couple of loonies acting like 6 year olds on a playground isn't that entertaining.  But Tsuyuri finally fulfills her purpose in the show by spelling out for us what the issue is:  Yuuta is playing the tsukkomi role to Rikka and Dekomori are the bokke, but he seems to be forcing himself to not participate when it seems like he really wants to play with them.  If the point of Chuuni-byo is KyoAni telling us to just relax and let loose your inner desires without worrying about what society thinks, then okay.  Not sure I'd waste a whole series on that, but okay.

This is a hard show for me to relate to, since I'm usually grounded in reality and never suffered through whatever the **** "Eighth Grader Syndrome" is.  I'll admit to doing some pretending and role playing even into my middle teenage years, but I never thought for one second that I actually WAS any of these identities nor did I act out on it outside of my circle of friends.  I suppose, considering all the delusional faggots in the world who think they're vampires, or the wannabe Wiccans who think they're witches, or even the utterly depressed goth and emo kids, the subject matter of Chuuni-byo isn't something I should dismiss lightly as unrealistic.  That still doesn't mean I can relate to it, so it's like watching a psychological study on retards for me.

BTW, Tsuyuri looks more like she's suffering form narcolepsy than Naoe from Little Busters, but like Muv-Luv I don't expect galgame scenario writers to know shit about reality.

Offline Yggberry

• どうぞよろしくお願いします

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
4:

It wasn't until the Lite 5 short feature that I think I figured out what the point of this show is.  I mean, just showing us a couple of loonies acting like 6 year olds on a playground isn't that entertaining.  But Tsuyuri finally fulfills her purpose in the show by spelling out for us what the issue is:  Yuuta is playing the tsukkomi role to Rikka and Dekomori are the bokke, but he seems to be forcing himself to not participate when it seems like he really wants to play with them.  If the point of Chuuni-byo is KyoAni telling us to just relax and let loose your inner desires without worrying about what society thinks, then okay.  Not sure I'd waste a whole series on that, but okay.

This is a hard show for me to relate to, since I'm usually grounded in reality and never suffered through whatever the **** "Eighth Grader Syndrome" is.  I'll admit to doing some pretending and role playing even into my middle teenage years, but I never thought for one second that I actually WAS any of these identities nor did I act out on it outside of my circle of friends.  I suppose, considering all the delusional faggots in the world who think they're vampires, or the wannabe Wiccans who think they're witches, or even the utterly depressed goth and emo kids, the subject matter of Chuuni-byo isn't something I should dismiss lightly as unrealistic.  That still doesn't mean I can relate to it, so it's like watching a psychological study on retards for me.

BTW, Tsuyuri looks more like she's suffering form narcolepsy than Naoe from Little Busters, but like Muv-Luv I don't expect galgame scenario writers to know shit about reality.

Are you kidding me? You watching butt-loads of anime IS eighth-grade syndrome.

Because eighth-grade syndrome is a deviation from the norm.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
I'll take your word for that, since, as I already said, I don't know what the **** "Eighth Grade Syndrome" is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All   Go Up