Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 22, 2017, 01:53:11 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Recent Video Game Purchase  (Read 29348 times)

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Re: Most Recent Video Game Purchase
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 09:08:39 PM »
I just got Marvel Ultimate Alliance, so you'll be seeing even less of me around for a while.  Sorry guys.   :>

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 12:12:01 AM »
Just imported Pheonix Wright Justice for All from Japan.  I love the fact that it has dual languages.

I've also got a preorder on Gears of War for the 360 coming out Nov 8th.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Dtortot

• Ex-Reviewer
    • http://www.mangareviewer.com

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »
Crackdown. 7 days before street release. God bless Mexico. And yes, this is an original product purchased at a legit establishment.

Offline Ariani

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »
FFIII ftw. It's been fun so far.

Offline royal crown

• Sansui QH-44
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »
Lulz, Final Fantasy XII like, day after release date. I have barely any time for games.

Purchases aside, I recently burned Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast. Ah Dreamcast, how all systems should be built: with weak copy-write protection.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 02:31:14 AM »
Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, GRAW, Madden 07, NFS: Carbon.

God I'm so lame.

Offline Risen Hell Fire

• The Researcher

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 07:26:04 AM »
Well I got Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan back before April started, I've played every day since, and havn't grown tired of it. If you has a DS but not this game then go get it now Excited for the sequel as well, wish May 17th would come faster.

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »
I just bought Star Ocean 4 for PS3 at the spur of the moment... My last two PS3 purchases were a used copy of Disgaea 3 and Final Fantasy 13 (Japanese version)

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »
I bought Mass Effect 2. SO DISSAPPOINTED :(

Offline kadian1364

• Joined the Dark Side for the dental plan
  • Reviewer
    • MAL profile

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles a couple days ago. It's everything I wanted Fire Emblem to be. The story is ham-fisted lollery, but I can see myself sinking 100+ hours into it because the tactics gameplay is so rewarding.

Offline kozeph

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
just got stalker call of pripyat looking for the time to sit to play and get half eaten by some mutant hahah

Offline Shinmaru

• FIRE! BOMBAHHHH!
  • Reviewer
    • Shinmaru | Anime-Planet
    • Shinmaru's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • @Shinmaru
    • UNMEI KAIHEN

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
Pre-ordered Ace Attorney Investigations for my brother a while back, and he finished it recently, so I burned through the game in a couple of days. Good game, although I wouldn't say it is quite as good as the best Phoenix Wright games. The last couple of cases are pretty awesome, however.

Offline Sorrows Neptune

• SN-chan's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with Sorrows Neptune using Skype
    • @snepchan
    • Anime Is Dead

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »
I recently bought Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for the PSP. The gameplay is realy nice. it's pretty much the gameplay from MGS3, but with graphics similar to MGS1, and you get to recruit soldiers and create your own guerrilla army. The story isn't nearly as good as the other canonical games in the series though. It's probably since Hideo Kojima neither wrote nor directed it.

Next I'll be buying MGS: Peace Walker (which was the reason I bought Portable Ops in the first place), as well as 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Offline Mesachie

• hyas wawa/cultus wawa

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2010, 01:57:37 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles a couple days ago. It's everything I wanted Fire Emblem to be. The story is ham-fisted lollery, but I can see myself sinking 100+ hours into it because the tactics gameplay is so rewarding.

Okay, I just don't get Valkyria Chronicles at all. Yeah, the outfits are cute. But game?  It isn't a serious shooter, the whole thing leaves me at a loss and so bored. I really wanted to like this game.  But it and Eternal Sonata just puzzled me as t why anyone would not be considered brain dead after playing them for a few hours. 

Generally I like shooters. I'm a PS3 kinda user since Microsoft gets enough of my money when it comes to computers.  Killzone 2 was good, so was Resistance and Resistance 2.  Metal Gears Solid 4, my first intro to that series, left me totally disillusioned with it.  I detested the game though I loved the game play when it occurred (for the most part).  Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are great with the last one having kept me entertained for weeks. I've played through it all at least once, then most of the solo missions.  And I still go back and replay them.  That tells me it is seriously good. 

Bioshock 1 was superb and I loved the storyline along with the game play.  I am in the middle of BioShock 2 now, sort of stalled out and often sticking the MW2 disk in, so that tells the tale as far as I am concerned.  Not so enthralled with BioShock 2. 

From an anime-ish adventure sort of storyline, my favorite is Heavens Sword. I'm not a slice and dice player, but this one really got me going, particularly Kai (the kitten-ish sidekick) with her crossbow.  Guiding the arrows to their target was just superb and I replayed her sectopms dozens if not hundreds of times.  Sadly, only for PS3, so $box players and computer gamers don't get a chance at it.  There was rumors a sdecond release was due but it fell through. 

Nothing is more delicious than the memory of that delectable space between her hem and stocking top.

Offline smarthvr

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Grid
Red Faction Guerilla
Starcraft 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up