Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 09:53:08 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MOBA general  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: MOBA general
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
On the subject of LoL, unfortunately zzeroparticle my main account is in EU west, which is also called InfiniteFumoffu. I do have a account in NA, but it's only level 3 because I've used it twice.

As of late I've being playing Nasus top a lot, doing nothing but farm for 30 minutes before destroying everyone, pissing off everyone, but I also play Jax and Rengar in the jungle, I dislike playing bot and I don't particularly like AP carries, so I rarely mid.

Guess I'm in the wrong region.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
And playing Nasus. How do you beat Nasus? Push him to tower and leave him there for 30 minutes. He'll have no map presence, no damage, and will be generally useless since Nasus has a hard time farming under tower.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »
Well, the way I play Nasus is that I let them push (I last hit as late as I can), aiming to have the minions waves be fighting just outside my turrets range, then I farm like usual whilst ignoring the opponent (except to avoid being harassed too much). Unless I let them push right up to my tower, I can keep the wave there for however long I want, so I can farm, and it's easy for the jungler to gank, especially since I have the really powerful slow of Nasus. Even if they are beating me in lane to begin with (which everyone does) when I get Glacial Shroud and Sheen, I can poke them two or three times, and then if they are still there with the pushed lane, I'll kill them.

So, you strategy does work to a degree, but if I stop them pushing all the way up to my tower (and even then I can still farm if I time my strike right), I eventually get fed and can stop them doing that. The only way to stop me would to have a lot of harass, followed by a gank at my tower with a tanky jungler (Diana etc), several times, once won't cut it. Also, if they tower dive wrong I can easily get a kill (if not two) if I slow and ignite them and put up my spirit sands that lower their armour, as the tower will destroy them very quickly.

If Nasus had a gap closer he'd be so much worse, the only two problems he has late game are no cc and no gap closers, everyone's gotta have weaknesses though right?

EDIT: I'll add that I start with health regeneration to counter the harass, and then just build tanky, all the damage I need comes from good q farm and sheen (or Trinity Force).

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »
It's not hard to stop a lane freeze. Either I clear the wave and I let you take minion aggro or I wait for a big wave and let it push back to me. Nasus has no presence until really, really late game and that's only if he gets farm on his Q. Unless you're playing AP Nasus. Then lolololololololololololol.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »
Yeh, you can get the lane pushed back if you do those things, I do various things to try keep it at my turret, for example if you start to push hard I can start wiping your minions too (just not quite so much as you are), but yes, Nasus doesn't have any presence until late game (or if I'm doing well mid game). I've been thinking that I ought to try roaming once I've got my core Glacial Shroud, Sheen, Philosophers Stone and Kindlegem and got a half decent q farm, since Nasus has good gank potential due to his slow. I've yet to try it though, I'll get back to you on that.

AP Nasus is OP, like AD Sona or jungle Ryze.

Offline Jack Rav

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »
I got a beta key for Dota 2 a while ago through Steam, yet I still haven't got round to playing/downloading it because I've been getting into LoL (EUW) and playing with my brother and some other people online. D'oh - I wouldn't mind playing with you all here if you were patient towards the noob of the group. :P

Back to LoL, I overwhelmingly favour Singed top and generally have a very good time up there as well (rushing RoA). Although I don't keep track, I'd say I've won ~80+% of my games there (although I'm only a lowly lvl25 so that might not mean much at all :P); it can be quite absurd the number of double kills under the turret I can get with him. o.O  I played against a Singed yesterday, actually, (as Cho'Gath, not Singed since draft pick) and can understand how annoying he can be to play against!

I don't mind Cho'Gath top, as mentioned, and Varus bot is okay for me as well. I fail pretty hard with Alistar bot (hey, I warn the team but do they listen? Noooo), and I'm currently trying to get into Ryze mid but I've got to learn the combos more with him...
-

Hey to everyone, btw, it's been a while since I've posted on here because I've been falling out of favour with anime lately. I tried watching Jinrui etc but dropped them all pretty quickly and haven't felt like watching anything since. Started Gankutsuou, but haven't got back into that either... I may just keep re-watching Aria/Haibane Renmei because they're simply awesome. :D EDIT: Only thing I'm waiting for? Chihayafuru season 2. :)

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »
Sure sure. Nasus is just really, really weak right now. He gets dumped on my ranged harass, bruisers can bully him around, and that's the toplane meta. He doesn't get enough farm in the jungle, and he lacks escapability in other lanes. Also, Darius.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
Sure sure. Nasus is just really, really weak right now. He gets dumped on my ranged harass, bruisers can bully him around, and that's the toplane meta. He doesn't get enough farm in the jungle, and he lacks escapability in other lanes. Also, Darius.
He's not that weak, I've never had any problem holding my lane, sure I do get bullied by almost everyone early game, but as soon as I get the items I've already listed (and so long as they haven't been targeting me horribly and ganking all the time) I'm pretty much good to go against them. In fact I can pretty much beat everyone in lane, Darius included, due to how I play the opposition in my lane gets overconfident, and so if I hit them poke them to around 2/3 health they still stay, and will engage me if I attack, and if they realize too late that I can actually beat them.

That's not to say I don't have difficulty, one  of the champions who I really can't handle is
Singed

I hate that guy.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
HOW BOUT A DRINK?

Offline Jack Rav

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »
My god.... just came out of a 75 minute marathon of a game. We -eventually- won, we got Baron twice, but it kept on going back and forth depending on who was dead at the time. :P  (We were 51-69 down in kills, incidentally)

Offline CupONoodos

• Chat with cup_o_noodos using Skype
    • Steam Community :: AnimeLunatic

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
I got a beta key for Dota 2 a while ago through Steam, yet I still haven't got round to playing/downloading it because I've been getting into LoL (EUW) and playing with my brother and some other people online. D'oh - I wouldn't mind playing with you all here if you were patient towards the noob of the group. :P
I'm sure Sorrow and I will be down to help you learn the ropes of the game if you're willing to try. Just remember to toss everything League taught you and embrace a harder, more punishing game that rewards high skill play unlike any other. What's your steam id? I'll add you and we can have a couple of bot sessions to help you get in there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up