Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 18, 2017, 12:29:09 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Gessen

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
Hey all, just curious what peoples thoughts are about this game? I'm pretty excited, but I'm easy to please. I can see where people can be put off by the art style or some of the hype that is coming out, but I really enjoyed the demo. The art style isn't groud breaking, but it is atractive enough and fairly non-demanding on the hardware. You should expect the final product to run very smoothly. I was worried about it not being challenging enough, but I think on higher difficulty against multiple enemies it will be a challenge. So far, I have enjoyed the backstory/plot I've had access to, but I bet I get sick of the fantasy word dump by the end. I'm a huge fantasy geek, but it's hard to care about filariel the 80th fae goddess you've heard about after being drowned in made up words, one thing that is awesome about dark souls (sidenote). That being said, I think this will be well worth my money. What do you guys think?

Offline Uriel1988

• http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Uriel1988 | Anime-Planet
    • Steam Community :: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Uriel1988

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:55:19 PM »
I've heard some good things about this game, but I'm waiting for a price drop myself.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
I have already burned 130 hours on Skyrim.  I don't need another time sink.  However, knowing me, I'll pick it up if it gets a significant cut in a holiday sale.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline leokiko.

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »
This is different from Skyrim, the gameplay is much better.

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:45 PM »
True.  Skyrim's combat system is best summed up as "duel wield maces" but what it lacks in controls it makes up in realism.  Like one review said, Bethesda somehow put a continent into a box and shipped it.  The main problem I have with Amalur is the cartoonishess of it.   I didn't like it that much in WoW and I don't like it here.  I get my quota of cartoonishess from Twilight Princess (which I still have not finished).

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline leokiko.

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »
Fair enough, it's a matter of taste in the end. For me, Skyrim isn't that addictive but Amalur is. I guess I prefer the cartoonish feel this one gives me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up