Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 23, 2017, 03:00:34 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nisemonogatari  (Read 22485 times)

Offline SQA

Re: Nisemonogatari
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2012, 02:21:02 AM »
Ep 11

Um, that was it?  Then what does this mean?:

The BluRay sales from Bakemonogatari will pay for the movie and them animated every single other work in the canon.  Expect it.

Though, this is going to sell bonkers as well.  That's why.  Plus, we have the movie coming this fall, right?

Oh, and we might get a post-series OVA of some form, as well.  They're going to milk this canon for all its worth.

Offline Major Tom

• PYON!
    • MajorTom's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »
I must say I liked episode 11.  I can't really add much to what's already been said, but it definitely more meat to it than most of the other episodes, and a good episode to end with

On the whole, it was not as good as Bakemonogatari.  The first arc was interesting enough, Kaiki being a different kind of villain, but the second.....spent too much time jerking off with Karen and not enough time on Tsukihi.

I'm thinking a 6.5/10 as a score from me.

Offline Horsechoker

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
Ep 11

Um, that was it?  Then what does this mean?:

Nekomonogatari, probably.

There's a movie coming out this year, Kizumonogatari. Even Shinbo himself expressed his desire to animate all of "Monogatari" novels. On top of that considering just how big of a cash cow this series is they will probably animate them all, not like they have anything else on their plate.

What would i give to see Gahara's reaction on hearing how he gropes, kisses and does other stuff with his sisters. But thats as likely to happen as Araragi not "defeating" someone with talking. Because lets be real, EVERY conflict can just be solved with words.

In the end all the essential points could have been boiled down to two episodes. The same really could be said of Karen's arc (or any of the Bakemonogatari girls arcs).
So much bullshit and so little substance. Most of character development consisted of getting a haircut. It's like one of those tortilla chip wrappers that look look full on the outside, but once you open it, half of it is just empty air included to make it seem to have more content than it actually does.
Hell, I'd be fine if the bullshit talk was funny, like in Pulp Fiction. But here it's just trivial and tiresome.

Edit

Forgot to score it. Considering it's worse than Bake which i gave a decent 6 this is somewhere betwen a 4 and a 5.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:26:37 AM by Horsechoker »
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Offline Terrorpixel

• Outcast Dead
  • What is this? I don't even...

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
Hmm, perhaps I am a bit odd, but I really enjoyed this part of the series. It seemed far more straightforward than Bakemonogatari, and without Meme Oshino around I didn't spend half the series scratching my head.
Shinobu skyrocketed in my list of cute anime girls. The ridiculous laugh of hers won me over.
Kaiki was a fantastic villain, probably one of the most true to life "bad guys" i've seen in non-crime/thriller animes.
Maybe it speaks to my character but I always love the Hachikuji scenes.
The toothbrush scene was a little much though.. rapidly approaching incest. Makes me wonder if they would have continued all the way if they hadn't been interrupted.

Maybe i'm just easy to please, but i'd give it an 8.
"Reality is such pain. And for those of us who get fed up with that kind of reality, we simply choose to make a new one. We create little walls, and separate the trash from the stuff we like, and when thatís all done we keep the things we care about and kick the rest to the curb. Youíd be amazed how well it works! A whole world made out of just moe, tsundere, and BL itís the best discovery ever! If you ask me that really it the best way to separate reality, from fiction."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up