Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 20, 2017, 11:46:25 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Recent Anime Purchase  (Read 54918 times)

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

Re: Most Recent Anime Purchase
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
First someone discovering my middle name on a whim and now the fact that I build model kits? God I think I may be telepathic. Joking and accidental sarcasm aside, I do get the greater sense of ownership of a model when it's also embued with accomplishment. For me, it's the same feeling of playing an original composition, writing a story or constructing a language.

Just realized that I haven't bought anything anime related in months, so posting here is kind of moot. But going back to earlier this year was a copy of The Wind Rises, which I have yet to watch for lacking an English track or subs.

Offline KS

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »
First someone discovering my middle name on a whim and now the fact that I build model kits? God I think I may be telepathic. Joking and accidental sarcasm aside, I do get the greater sense of ownership of a model when it's also embued with accomplishment. For me, it's the same feeling of playing an original composition, writing a story or constructing a language.

Just realized that I haven't bought anything anime related in months, so posting here is kind of moot. But going back to earlier this year was a copy of The Wind Rises, which I have yet to watch for lacking an English track or subs.

lol I can just sort of tell that if there's anyone here that can translate and relate to mecha speak it's probably you.  Admittedly the Master Grades elude me because I just don't have the painting skills to deal with them.  Have you ever kitbashed by any chance?  Some of the models that people build and show up on GundamGuy are practically go beyond just model kit touch ups and into full on diorama territory.  I'm pretty sure that's the whole reason U.C Hard Graph exists in fact.

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2015, 11:01:56 PM »
My collection if full of unpainted Master Grades, which I'd get around to painting if I knew which state they were in my apartment was bigger than a closet. Never thought I had the handiwork to customize my models. But after seeing what my brother has done with his collection, I'm more partial to giving it a shot. Kit bashing, never done as I lack the budget and the practice.

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
Recently got my final volume of Ranma on Blu-ray and looking forward to finally finishing my over-a-decade reunion with it. Also got to acquiring Space Dandy now that the second half will be coming out in a few weeks. Not sure when I'll watch 'em, but hopefully soon.

On the opposite side of the spectrum I sold my Detroit Metal City DVD and do not regret it a bit. Sayonara you unfunny, gimmicky piece of trash! Why did I ever like you in my college years? You're horrible and my friends thought you were horrible when I tried showing you to them.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline AH

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »
I bought the the recent re-release of Angelic Layer. I remember developing a passing interest in this show back in the day and hopefully it will be good enough to deserve being properly revisited. I don't know when I'll find the time to watch all of it, but we'll see.

That's basically all the anime I bought this month. Manga may not count, but I also got the sixth volume of Wolfsmund. It's almost like a cleaned up version of Berserk, so to speak, with less overt fantasy (though there are still small elements) and more focus on building a historical setting. They probably should make an anime out of that, but I doubt it's popular enough.

Offline Mr. Flawfinder

• Flawfinder's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with printerthorn using Skype
    • Steam Community :: flawfinder
    • @mrflawfinder
    • Standing On My Neck

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »
Got my physical copies of Terror in Resonance and Evangelion 3.0 a little while ago and recently marathoned the former. Loved it even more the second time (in stark contrast to Space Dandy, where I got bored a few episodes in and turned it off trying to watch my blurays. Another bad anime purchase due to my failure to check if a show had rewatch potential back in 2014) and it also makes me want to rewatch Eden of the East at the same time.

Also, it's not really anime, but I got to acquiring the new Digimon game that came out recently. Having fun with playing as the monsters that belonged to the main kids from the first three seasons (and S5 to an extent), even if in reality it's just an inferior Persona 4.
You're an anime. Animate something!

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »
Normally, I'm not not big on talking about my purchases (since it reminds me how much of my disposable income I burn), but I've come across some great deals on DVDs for Gargantia, Moribito and mother-$@!ing Mononoke.  I have no desire to ever rewatch Gargantia and Moribito so I'm not trading up to Bluray, but I can't believe Mononoke ever got any kind of release.  That show's fantastic, unique and only $13.  Today's been a great day.

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up