Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 20, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: You and me  (Read 7916 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: You and me
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
2-3:

This show's pacing sucks balls.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Yggberry

• どうぞよろしくお願いします

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
Anyway, this is obviously getting off-topic, so I'll allow all posters to have a "last word" on the topic up until episode 2 comes out.  If you want to continue the discussion further, feel free to start a new thread on the Miscellaneous forum.

My gosh, as if I would indulge you with the pleasure of debating with me. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Actually, with work and school, I don't have time to argue with you all over the internet to see who's right or wrong. Besides, you all don't even know what I'm talking about. It's like playing a song to a cow.

Anyways, ahhhhhh Shun-chan is so adorable. And Chizuru mistaking him as a girl was squeal-worthy. I have to say both episodes were great. Though I liked episode 2 better. Masaki not being able to express her feeling was cute. I had to rewind and re-watch the scene where Yuki chased her into the room full of half naked girls. His expression was priceless. Though I have to say that most new high school have their own locker room now but some of the old school student still changes their gym cloth at designated areas. I do have to admit one thing I loved about US high school is the air conditioner. You seriously take it for granted until you been to a school that doesn't have them.

Offline Yggberry

• どうぞよろしくお願いします

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
2-3:

This show's pacing sucks balls.

Pacing? What pacing do you need? Each episode is a perspective from one of the four boys. Shun was episode one, Yuta was episode two, and Yuki is episode three.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
Pacing? What pacing do you need? Each episode is a perspective from one of the four boys. Shun was episode one, Yuta was episode two, and Yuki is episode three.

I'm talking about the pacing within the episodes.  There are actual lengthy moments of NOTHING ****ING HAPPENING.  And no, I don't mean the obvious scene transitions featuring cats.  I'm talking about the characters.  They sit around, mumble a bit, then nobody says shit for five seconds.  OFTEN.

It's like they KNOW they only have a bit of material to work with for an entire 21 minute episode, so they drag out as much as possible with wasted time filler.  Whomever planned this doesn't know what the hell they're doing.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »
3:

Dear god, not another tsundere. And a Kugimiya-like tsundere to boot, too.

TIF may hate this show, I can understand how he feels, but I'm trying to see what kind of show I'm watching here. Putting aside my dislike for Hetalia and other shows of a similar kind, this show isn't that terrible. I'll be honest: the core drama and chemistry are quite decent. The four male leads do play things out in a somewhat natural way, and any new gang that comes into the group are rational enough.

The problem is, the show doesn't seem to focus a lot on developing these elements, and instead chooses to hamper itself with exploitative bishie elements, possibly for the intention of pleasing certain female viewers. No offence Yggberry, but seeing you getting smitten by the sheer cuteness kinda proves my point; it's comparable to watching cats on Nico Nico Douga (which, now that I think about it, explains the random shots of cats throughout each episode).

I'm trying to appreciate this show, apparently; if only it cuts down on the frilly stuff, it would've made things a lot easier.

4:

First things first: even before the opening credits began rolling, Chizuru's hyperactiveness pissed me off. She's like Ritsu from K-On, only more disruptive.

I'm trying to see how this show stands against other similar slice-of-life shows and I've come to one conclusion: it lacks emotional impact. ARIA served up its drama with the grand finale that is Origination, K-On is just moexploitative, A-Channel is just a copy of K-On, Natsume Yuujinchou is about narrating sentimental stories, etc. What about Kimi to Boku? There's nothing outstanding about the show, and that makes it pretty forgettable when the show is over.

Sure, it may have decent music and furry kitties shown for the lulz, but I'm still hoping for the show to just surprise me in a pleasant way. And perhaps I'm being too optimistic for hoping it in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:42:04 AM by AC »

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 06:01:12 AM »
5:

Japanese summer and festivals... well, this show is as commonplace as it gets, and by this I mean that it's so typical that it's no different from every other slice-of-life shows. When other such shows have tackled basically the same thing, I always have to ask one thing: what does this show have to offer? What's in it for me to think that this show is different from others? As for now, it doesn't seem that Kimi to Boku is giving me answers for it.

I just don't see what's so good about this show. I would give a tepid thumbs up for the music and (sporadic) warmth, but when the characters are devoid of personality (which in turn results in nonexistant chemistry between them) and the events are nothing special, then the thumbs-up would only mean so much.

Offline Yggberry

• どうぞよろしくお願いします

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
Shun-chan is way too cute. I just love him. He is the type of guy you want to bring home to your mom and dad. God do I look up to him.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 05:51:57 AM »
6:

Well, looks like this show is to bishie fans what K-On is to moe fans. If anything, judging from the pointless snippets of cats, watching this show is no different than watching cats playing yarn balls on Nico Nico Douga.

It's awfully weird to see your own mom act like your girlfriend. Can't even imagine my own mom behaving that way.

7:

Now I see what's bad about this show: it has been focusing too much on the frilly stuff and not on what's actually decent, which is the slice-of-life drama. The series should be focusing more on telling bittersweet stories such as the one in this episode, and not on the four guys doing nothing with their lives (or showing cats doing nothing with their lives).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:32:31 AM by AC »

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »
8:

You know what I feel? I feel that the staff is merely throwing in some random theme into the story just so that the 4-man cast has something to do in their lives, and this time, it's one straight out of Bakuman. That's how random and lazy I think the staff are. And the weird thing is, it's trying to do a Nichijou-like gag with the trolling comedy. I'm sorry, but this series just doesn't have what it takes to be half as good as Nichijou with the comedy; it neither knows how to deliver the punchline nor it has the comedic bite.

But the good thing is, I finally see some of its true colors through the random thoughts of that kid whose name I can't even remember: it's all about the shipping. Yessir, it comes as NO surprise that Shun is always the chick in the team; that's what I've been saying from the very start.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up