Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 21, 2017, 07:45:29 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SKET Dance  (Read 13377 times)

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Re: SKET Dance
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:38 AM »
IT'S OVER!!!

77:

A good closing episode, we have Saaya confess her love to Bossun (the way the two of them dealt with it was done pretty well, could have been done so much worse), we see all the characters again for the final horrah, including the guy from the first two episodes who we haven't seen since (excluding the Gintama crossover episode). It doesn't end on any note saying there will be a next season, which in a way slightly worries me since I do want to see more of them, but I imagine there will be.

The Series

Well, what is there to say? This is the first time I've said anything on the end of a long running show in detail...

Well, let's have the bad points:

1) The writer deemed that character devlopment could only be done at their allotted times (in this case episodes), leading to very rushed developments that undermined the previous build up. The perfect example of this is where the hints of romance between the two teachers that had been built up for quite some time (but were still only hints) were completely resolved in 1 episode. It was rushed and it all seemed a bit to convenient.

2) The characters weren't the deepest people ever, and many of the side characters were just bad.

3) The humour was hit or miss a lot of the time.

4) Some of the episodes were a bit boring.

Onto the good points:

1) There was decent character development for Saaya and the main trio.

2) The character arcs of the main trio were all strong, with Switches being the very best, followed by Bossun's and then Himeko's.

3) Some of the comedy was genuinely amusing and had me laughing.

4) Most of the characters were likable, and most of them had some characters development of their own.

5) It got stronger as it went along.

Overall... well, honestly I'm thinking anywhere between a 5 and a 7 would be justified.... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a 6. I would like to see a second season if I'm really honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up