Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 18, 2017, 08:34:02 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SKET Dance  (Read 13357 times)

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

Re: SKET Dance
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »
7:

Whoa whoa, wait a second here.

What's the deal with the drastic change of pace? It's slower than the average frantic pacing of SKET Dance, and the people aren't overreacting... and I kinda love it. The story is unoriginal but it's sweet and genuine enough to be likable, and the show actually pulls the story off quite well. At least the show knows how not to take itself too frivolously all the time.

Good job.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker
    • Infinite's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »
7:

I'm with AC, what's with this tender sweetness all of a sudden? I like the fact that this show might actually pull off what I had been hoping and keep up with these episode, though I don't have the highest of hopes for the next one.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
7:

This episode went back to typical Sket-Dance pace, of weird humour, which I thought it might. However, the humour in the first half wasn't actually that bad at all. I find several things funny, like the stupid faces, Switch leaning so far forward towards Momoka that he's horizontal, and the ridiculousness of the anime Switch showed them. The second part wasn't funny really, but it was entertaining enough.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
8:

Part 1:

I just like Momoka. She's a sheep in wolf's clothing, the type where she wants to be a thug even when she's not made for it, whether this is intentional on the show's part or not. Speaking of which, the show now tries to tackle something meta (i.e. an episode about making anime la Bakuman), but without taking it seriously. The sketch succeeded in something: making me go "WTF" over We Are Nervous, and it's something I think that Himeko has every right to about. Nice.

Part 2:

Not nice. In fact, it's terrible. The show made an ass of itself and I don't think it's intentional. I won't bother to explain what's wrong with this; let's just say that I want to flail that bespectacled... "thing".

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 06:29:18 AM »
9:

Right, another meta-material but it's not half-bad. The episode handled Bossun being a kid out of mishap well enough, and Himeko's HNNNGH-ness was funny in a cute way.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:12 AM »
9:

The comedy is better than it used to be, but I want the show to go back to where it was best, which was with the more serious stuff.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
10:

Nice jab at Kimi ni Todoke; it actually hit the nail on the head with the punchline.

But what about the case itself? Very elaborate and smart... if only I understand what the ****ing hell was the teacher's motivation in doing what he did, and it being resolved by the most classic (read: predictable) trick in the book.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 10:16:24 AM »
10:

It was clever how he worked it out, but from the viewers point of view, there were only two possible culprits, the girl or the teacher. And it became pretty clear that it wasn't the girl, so by deduction it was the teacher. How come there were only two suspects? Simply because there were only six people in this episode, 3 of the were Sket Dance, and one of them was the victim (Usually she could be a suspect, but the show made it clear early on that it wasn't her).

In terms of it being broadcast to the school, I wondered how come he didn't notice that the speckers wereon, they should have been audible from the room they were in, and also, considering the length of time it took him to admit it, I find it slightly humorous how the entire school would have been listening to it for over 5 minutes, stood deadly still.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
11:

Not the best of episodes, but certainly not the worst of episodes. How cute that she could actually cook but she hid it since she was afraid of being hurt. The judges were meant to be annoying, and they were, especially on the verdict. Next episode is continuing on from this, so I know what to expect.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
11:

This is Farmville re-enacted in a live-action variety gameshow so that Ms. Yabas can get her radish for her farm. Well, not too shabby.

But the episode gives me an idea. Wouldn't it be fun (in a sadistic way) to see Angry Birds being made into a real-life gameshow? The birds are real contestants and they're launched on this huge catapult and into walls so as to beat the pigs? Man, if this were to happen...

... this show's full of novel ideas.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 06:57:37 AM »
12:

How shounen. It was in a half-joking way, but a shounen scene is a shounen scene, ah whatever. The game with Switch was pretty well thought out, although it also suffered from the lengthy explanations of shounen fights.

I found the preview very disconcerting, "Ah, I'm finally here, this is the city of Bristol". I live in city named Bristol, so I had a double take. Oh the coincidences of life....

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 02:24:23 AM »
13:

Well, that was a shin to the bollocks.

Offline Fumoffu!!

• Head of the Zwei
  • Pedantic Nitpicker

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
13:

If Kaiji was a shounen show, it would look like that. Well, it wasn't too bad, just incredibly anticlimactic.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »
14:

See, this is why I never understand why people in school want to be popular so badly, apart from them being shallow. For the dude's case, being unpopular has never been a problem; it's about him not having friends. This is different from wanting to be popular, which translates to wanting a lot of people know you even if you already have friends. In the grand scheme of things, having friends or not may not be as important as being happy with yourself, which takes precedence in almost any case if you ask me.

And since when being Mr. Otaku makes one popular? I thought people have negative perceptions on otakus, especially in Japan.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »
15:

Probably the best example of the boke-tsukkomi comedy style. And Himeko's bursts of rage are cute.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up