Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 11, 2017, 12:40:50 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations to Shinmaru and Eternal  (Read 7248 times)

Offline bluecheez

Re: Congratulations to Shinmaru and Eternal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Well this is awkward, but I kinda read Eternal's blog thinking it was Shinmaru's. So take my last post and switch the names around, haha.

Anyway, Eternal, I'm looking forward to your writing, and I happy that Nihon Review called attention to your blog. I like your style. In college I've noticed that the most respected mathematics and physics textbooks that I've come across are surprisingly very talky and informal. I'm a big believer that intellectual ideas are most powerful when they are also personal and emotional. Although, I have to say, I think you're crazy for liking Sae's arc in Amagami. I found that dialog to be so forced and cheesy it was, forgive the cliche, like nails on a chalkboard.

Offline Elineas

• Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »
Well, full disclosure, I'm really only a fan of the first half of K-On! Not as much the second half, and I didn't watch K-On!!

Hence the litotes. You don't view it as sickening as the rest of us do though, so it still proves my point.  :)

Well this is awkward, but I kinda read Eternal's blog thinking it was Shinmaru's. So take my last post and switch the names around, haha.

I figured, because while Eternal's most recent post clearly shows his preferences, the only post I can remember about K-on from Shinmaru is his OP post, and that was amusingly not so positive.

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »
OH BALLS I'M SUPER LATE BUT...

Congrats!

Looking forward to my cute little kouhai serving me tea every day. /whip

Offline Eternal

• ぱみゅコア
  • Reviewer
    • _eternal's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with tainted3ternity using Skype
    • Steam Community :: tainted3ternity
    • @_eternal
    • eternicity

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

Anyway, Eternal, I'm looking forward to your writing, and I happy that Nihon Review called attention to your blog. I like your style. In college I've noticed that the most respected mathematics and physics textbooks that I've come across are surprisingly very talky and informal. I'm a big believer that intellectual ideas are most powerful when they are also personal and emotional. Although, I have to say, I think you're crazy for liking Sae's arc in Amagami. I found that dialog to be so forced and cheesy it was, forgive the cliche, like nails on a chalkboard.

Haha, I was wondering about the K-ON comment. I assumed Shinmaru's love for the show was a lot more obvious than I first thought since I haven't heard him say much about it :P

As for Sae, what can I say... it did a good job of highlighting the appeal of her archetype. Dating sim adaptations are pretty meta for me and I tend to view them as if I'm playing the game (which I can't do yet thanks to the language barrier). I was probably more focused on their relationship itself rather than its plausibility or level of cheesiness, so to speak. It's very subjective. To be honest, I doubt I could discuss a show like Amagami without being subjective since the genre beckons (and almost requires) you to get sucked into it.

Looking forward to my cute little kouhai serving me tea every day. /whip
W-Wah~! I don't mind but... does the maid uniform's skirt have to be so s-s-short...?
eternicity.net | in search of anime enlightenment | @_eternal

Offline Morathy

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 05:57:18 PM »
Congratz!

And hurray for people whom appreciate a fine art piece like K-On!
While I'm a big fan of K-On! myself, K-On!! really let me down. Something was off, the characters were different and it lost its innocense.

Can't wait to see some great reviews from you guys.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:05:13 PM by Morathy »

Offline Kaikyaku

• Reviewer

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 12:09:20 AM »
Congrats to both of you! :D Best of luck and I'll look forward to reading your reviews!

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
I'm mad late.

Finally, someone with whom I can talk about visual novels!

Looking forward to working with both of you, and don't forget to contribute to the blog!
I don't have opinions. I have facts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up