Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

October 20, 2017, 11:45:29 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else been to Animelo Summer Live?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline kichijoji

Anyone else been to Animelo Summer Live?
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »
Hi, I've checked a few message boards and can only find a few blog posts and comments on Animelo Summer Live aka Anisama, but no message board threads in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animelo_Summer_Live gives a run-down, but for those wondering what the fuss is, it's the best 2 concerts each year, anywhere, for the songs from anime (and to some extent videogames).

To cut a long story short I only discovered it after seeing Minori Chihara on the orchestral concert blu-ray disc on the Haruhi Suzumiya boxed set, which I had ordered on the day of the earthquake/tsunami. That lead to finding a few clips on Youtube taken from previous years' concerts and organising a trip over to the 2011 concerts, even though I hadn't been outside Australia nor had I had any formal teaching in the Japanese language.

The 5 day, 4 night time in Tokyo visiting Washinomiya Shrine (Lucky Star location), the Ghibli Museum and other museums plus the 2 Animelo Summer Live concerts at Saitama Super Arena was wonderful, and left me feeling closer to all the performers, not  just the two I was very fortunate to meet backstage after the shows.

If you ever get the chance, it is well worth the trip and crossing oceans and cultural boundaries and comfort zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up