Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 18, 2017, 05:56:07 AM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The J-Music Recommendation Thread  (Read 12397 times)

Offline Aftershok

Re: The J-Music Recommendation Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »
If you're into rock at all, be sure to check out The Pillows. You might know them from the soundtrack of FLCL (which was entirely made up of their music). They're not exactly music to dance to, but their songs and musicality are absolutely top-notch.

I recommend "Strange Chameleon," "Happy Bivouac," and  "Swanky Street." Or anything else from their album "Please Mr. Lostman."

If you're into music theory at all, harmonically analyzing and listening to their songs is absolutely enthralling. Be sure to check them out. Oh, and "Bran-New Love Song" [sic] by them is also excellent. Of their later albums, "My Foot" is also very good.

And by the way... first post! Love the site.

Offline zzeroparticle

• NEET
  • Reviewer
    • Google+
    • zzeroparticle's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with zzeroparticle using Skype
    • Steam Community :: zzeroparticle
    • @zzeroparticle
    • http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
Minor quibble: Shinkichi Mitsumune (of Rozen Maiden and Asatte no Houkou fame) was also responsible for a few pieces on the FLCL soundtrack. Everyone seems to forget about him for some reason. :P

Offline Aftershok

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »
Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks.  :)

Offline Kylaran

• A Priori Impossibility
  • Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
Could someone please recommend me some moe/saccharine J-Pop along the lines of the 2nd and 3rd Bakemonogatari OP?
Something that's not quite as extreme as MOSAIC.WAV.
If so: Thank you.

Sounds like you would enjoy a lot of cutes-y eroge music. Like KOTOKO's Princess Bride and Mighty Heart. Also there's stuff from old eroge like Figuremate that's ridiculously upbeat.

Otherwise, there's a lot of anime out now with songs like that. Especially anime from the past two years or so. I think Kempfer and Kiddy Girl-and come to mind, but they all sound so similar my memory is hazy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up