Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 12, 2017, 10:30:39 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats everyone been up to?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline DarkKanti

• Justice For All
  • Ex-Reviewer

Whats everyone been up to?
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
Wow.  I haven't been here in ages.  My last post was way back in December when I "officially" retired, although I think we all know I had pretty much clocked out well before that.  I'm still listed as an admin in the forums though, which is pretty cool I guess.  

Anyways, I'm really impressed with what SK has done with the site and all the new content and whatnot, so I wanted to drop in to give my congratulations to you guys for doing an excellent job, and to see what everyones been up to for the past year or so.  The only person I've really kept in contact with is Scott, whose been as good a friend as any I've never met face to face before.  

Real Life the past few years has grown more and more hectic for me, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.  I had dreams of becoming a professional boxer dashed when I broke my wrist in a stupid street fight over $20 (I thrashed the guy in case anyone was wondering).  I didn't have medical insurance, so I let it heal on its own and its never quite been the same.  But to make a really long story short I am a two time college drop out, a rehabilitated drug addict, and I am currently couch surfing until I can find a permanent place to live.  My life isn't quite as pathetic as it sounds though.  I have money smartly invested in my future profession and I plan on attending city college to slowly get back on the road to higher education.  With my 23rd birthday fast approaching I know I have to buckle down.  I know that I can't be distracted by every pretty girl who bats her eyes at me and shows me the smallest amount of affection.  

I blame my ex-girlfriend for a lot of the problems I've faced in the past few years and rightfully some of the blame falls on her.  But, I have to take responsibility for my own actions.  She may have offered me a way to escape, but I was the one who followed her lead and took it.  In the end it all comes down to me and my actions.  Recently, I received news that she was getting married.  At first I was taken back.  It felt like someone had punched me square in the stomach and took the wind out of me.  Then I became angry, because despite not being together anymore we had remained in contact talking on the phone or through text and she had never mentioned it to me.  Now, I've come to accept it.  Honestly, she probably sad yes to the first guy to ask her, and I should count myself lucky that guy wasn't me.

Anyways enough of my sad life story.  Tell me what you guys have been up to.  I'm interested in hearing what everyone else has been doing with their lives.

The Nihon Review Presents 2006: A Year in Review

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

Re: Whats everyone been up to?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »
Woah, it's been forever since I've last heard from you.  I was actually wondering where everyone from my AA days have gone, so it's nice to see you again.

Life for me has pretty much just a normal college experience with a constant barrage of due dates, meetings with friends and the occasional parties.  Consdiering that I'm graduating in a year, I'm somewhat panicked as to what to do next since the job market has been exceptionally unforgiving these days.  Because of this,  I'm currently looking at graduate schools as well as some certifications (as backup).

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.

Offline AC

• Screenshot Master
  • Reviewer
    • ACCESS1986 | Anime-Planet
    • Chat with nazrul.bin.buang using Skype
    • @@AC_CESS
    • The Nihon Review

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
World Cup owned me last month.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
MEANWHILE... you've been suffering, I, Captain Trips, have taken up the cape and shield, fending off the philanthropic from the poor, cops from robbers, cats from dogs. Having had recently escaped my home planet of Krypton in a pod suitable for a man of my size (OR WOMAN? Lesson of the day: You can never tell), and landed promptly and conveniently in Gotham, I have also been building my reputation for badassery by mocking the denizens on my goblin glider with my enlarged ego. And boner.

Offline Kavik Ryx

• Yellow Ranger
  • Ex-Reviewer
    • Einlayzner's Profile - MyAnimeList.net
    • Chat with EInlayzner using Skype
    • Steam Community :: Zyxro

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »
Two words, school and movies. After an abysmal spring semester, I made a vow to myself to kick ass (and possibly anus as well). My spare time has been nothing but watching all the movies I should have seen years ago, and in doing so have learned that I'd much rather watch Toy Story 3 than 2001: A Space Odyssey. Heck I'd rather see Star Trek The "Slow" Motion Picture than 2001. I also found Singin' in the Rain to be the first live action musical that I've ever legitimately enjoyed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:01:40 PM by Kavik Ryx »

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »
Recently, I received news that she was getting married.  At first I was taken back.  It felt like someone had punched me square in the stomach and took the wind out of me.  Then I became angry, because despite not being together anymore we had remained in contact talking on the phone or through text and she had never mentioned it to me.

Should change your name to Dante.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator
    • Chat with sevenzig using Skype
    • Steam Community :: sevenzig

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
Yeah, next time you want to move in with your dealer/girlfriend, I'd suggest TAKING MY ****ING ADVICE and don't do it.

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:43 AM »
Dude... where the **** have you been?

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »
You talkin' to me?

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 04:48:08 AM »
No, your mom.

Offline sevenzig

• Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
She says watch your mouth.

I've been busy. 50+ hour weeks at work, just moved in with my lovely girlfriend on July 1st so we're still getting settled in (yes, a month later. We're lazy.) though she's been gone for her grandmas funeral. I've been doing computer repairs for co-workers and friends of co-workers in an effort to save money so that sometime in the next 2 years I'll have enough to move somewhere because I'm bored here and I want to experience something besides NEPA. I'm hoping to gather enough to leave the country and try living somewhere completely foreign. Just to see if I can, you know?

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
You know what's a great country?

Greenland.

Oh yeaaaah Greeeeenlaaaand yeeeeahhhhhh

Offline Akira

• Warring with philistines.
  • Ex-Reviewer