Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

The Nihon Review Forum

December 13, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
News: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 6960 times)

Offline TypicalIdiotFan

• Banned.
  • Reviewer
    • @@TypicalIdiotFan

Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Actually (considering how poorly my shitty ass laptop runs everything directly from the hard drive) I prefer games that are read from the CD/DVD rather than the internal hard disc. Good god I need a desktop.

Why would you prefer that?  The game would be slow as dirt.
I'm just like you, only smarterô.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 06:14:45 PM »
Catch the best review on Starcraft 2. It's fair. It's right. It's honest. The guy loves the game but gave it an above average score, which it correctly deserves. He's the lone wolf among a pack of brain-washed silly video gamers.

Offline Tamashii

• Always Very Prepared
  • Administrator
    • http://www.nihonreview.com

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 08:57:56 PM »
Campaign finished.

Good god that last mission kicked my ass so hard. I almost chickened out and played it on Normal. Ha! It was a proud moment defending to the last unit as I ticked in at 100%! I had to micro four different places constantly. I probably would have to micro seven or eight on Brutal. I am just not made for this RTS stuff. At least Blizzard's brand of RTS.

Well it's no surprise if you've been reading up on the game that the ending is pulp writing - anyone could have done it with their ball sack and some ink. The story and characters are a mess and the ending gave no surprise because it made little sense. I can't believe Blizzard nearly trashed a cool character like Tychus. Trust me, all the cinematics are incredible (the HD, CGI rendered ones). But you shouldn't, or at least I didn't, get Avatar'ed. Don't play this game for its story.

But do look forward to the ending song, which plays in the middle of the credits. It's a fistful of awesome badness that jives to the quirky, cartoony style of Blizzard games. 

Offline Shadowmage

• Mobile Suit RX-0 Unicorn
  • Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »
So, I caved, got the game and beat it.

Aside from the last mission, it was surprisingly easy even on Hard mode.  The story was typical Hollywood-esque material and the game-play lacked any moment of greatness.  I feel bad for anyone who tries to jump onto multiplayer thinking it's anything like the Campaign, but for me, it's the selling point of the game.  I'm probably going to be on and off SC2's multiplayer for the next 10 years.   

I recommend Mobile Suit, RX-0 and Unicorn from the Unicorn OST.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up